How to Remove XM radio - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
mahk
ROC Rank: Freshman
2010 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

How to Remove XM radio

Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing. Thank you in advance.

Mark
mahk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
e_piph_a_ny
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: How to Remove XM radio

I think outside of replacing the OEM radio, you are stuck with this process.

e_piph_a_ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
wjr1004
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Formal Black

I have never seen a setting to shut it down.
wjr1004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
bikerbudmatt
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Welcome to the ROC!

XM is embedded into the functioning of the factory radio. Even if you add an iPod interface you will still be dealing with that. An aftermarket HU would do it.
2010 Ridgeline RTL, BakFlip G2 cover, USA Spec iPod interface, Lund AVS Vent Visors from Burtman Industries, Lund AVS Hood Deflector from Tonneau Covers World and how to install, plated arch folding ramps from AllRamps, and a ROC Decal (white) (here)

Are you paying the dealer beaucoup $$'s to change your cabin air filter? Check out this all-time great thread!

bikerbudmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
wjr1004
2007 RTL
Formal Black

Well now I know....
Thanks
wjr1004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
mahk
2010 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Dang it. Thanks for the information. My wife would kill me if I go ahead and replace the headunit. I guess its something I have to live. Thanks again. I really love this place, so much useful information.

-Mark
mahk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
dluther
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahk View Post
Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing. Thank you in advance.
Mark
On the 2010, the XM unit is located behind the rear passenger seat. Here's a diagram of the stereo components and wiring -- what you're specifically looking for is #10 in this diagram:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagram...ker-467336.png

Disconnect this module (and remove it if you want) and XM will be removed from the head unit functionality.

Last edited by dluther; 11-10-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Clarified that last sentence...
dluther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
bikerbudmatt
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahk View Post
Hello all, great forum here. I purchased my RL this past July and my XM radio trial has run out, and I have no interest in purchasing it. Is it possible to remove it so I do not have to cycle through the xm radio stations when changing modes with the steering wheel controls? I would love for them to just skip over the XM stations. I have searched and found nothing.
For what it's worth I don't think I've touched the MODE button more than a couple of times on my last two Hondas. If I really need to switch modes it's one of those things for which I'm willing to do the same kind of "flash-glance" that we all learned for scanning the rearview mirrors. The buttons are big and well-marked.

Maybe that would take away some of the inconvenience for you, though it seems to cancel out the reason they put a MODE button there in the first place.
2010 Ridgeline RTL, BakFlip G2 cover, USA Spec iPod interface, Lund AVS Vent Visors from Burtman Industries, Lund AVS Hood Deflector from Tonneau Covers World and how to install, plated arch folding ramps from AllRamps, and a ROC Decal (white) (here)

Are you paying the dealer beaucoup $$'s to change your cabin air filter? Check out this all-time great thread!

bikerbudmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Tags
removal , steer wheel controls , xm radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.