VTM 4, VSA, ABS, Brake lights wont go out - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
911rcr
ROC Rank: Freshman

VTM 4, VSA, ABS, Brake lights wont go out

Hi Guys,

Had my 2006 RTL parked at the airport for a few days and when I started it up last night, these four lights stayed on. Tried a restart to no avail. Tried both VTM 4 and VSA buttons and nothing happens. Same thing again this AM.

Any thoughts on what would trigger all 4 lights?

Thanks!
911rcr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: VTM 4, VSA, ABS, Brake lights wont go out

Is your battery in good shape? I see you have an '06 and just wondering if your battery is the original or not. Seems as if a weak battery will cause all sorts of issues and various lights coming on for no reason is one of them.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

x2 on the battery. Those are the lights that come on when your battery is drained to just before the point of not being able to keep up with the electrical load needed by the truck. If you have the original battery, I'm very surprised it even lasted this long. You may not have problems with it starting or running just yet, but it IS on its way out. Go to your local auto parts store and have them test your electrical system and pick up a new battery. You can get one for around $90 with your core. I've had very good luck with Autocraft Gold batteries in the past and I'll be replacing mine shortly with one of them.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
911rcr

Great input guys. To my knowledge it is the original battery. I guess that combined with the colder temps and the truck sitting for a few days may have been enough.

One new battery, coming up!!

Thanks!!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
911rcr

Unhappy Re: VTM 4, VSA, ABS, Brake lights wont go out

Well, a brand new Dekka battery later and same thing. Needed to be replaced though.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911rcr View Post
Well, a brand new Dekka battery later and same thing. Needed to be replaced though.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks!
It may take a little while for the systems to learn that the new battery has been installed. Drive it a bit longer (a few days or so) and see if the lights go out. If they don't, I would suggest getting your electrical system tested.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
ladaca
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Check the Alternator. I had a similar problem and had to replace both a defective battery and a defective alternator. Does'nt cost anything to have the alternator checked at an auto parts store.

2007 Steele Blue Metallic RTL with Nav, Moonroof, Running Boards, Mud Flaps and Roof Rack.

Member # 21071
ladaca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Lancelot
2008 RTX
Billet Silver Metallic

Interesting, I ran into this problem last winter it turned out to be a bad front wheel speed sensor, Honda replaced under warranty and everthing was normal again.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.