Removing the center console - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
tcj
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTS
Amazon Green / Olive

Removing the center console

Anyone have any tips on how to remove the center console? I'm installing an Ipod connector and want the cable to come out through the center console so I can hide the wire in there when I don't want it out. I had hoped someone had already done something like this, or there'd be some instructions that involved its removal available at College Hills Honda (what a great resource that site is!) but I can't find anything about how to get the console or the floor-mounted tray loose.
tcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Lingered_I
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Removing the center console

You start by removing the dashboard lower center cover, which requires that you remove both footwell panels either side of the dash center console. Then remove the "not an ashtray" (open and pull up towards you) and remove the screw that's behind it. There is also a screw on both sides towards the lower edge of the dash console. Once removed, pull the whole panel towards you, and disconnect the power socket & heated seat harness connectors.
For the center console itself, remove the rear panel (the one that contains the air vents for rear passengers). It has 8 clips (4 down each side) and two harness connectors. Then remove the center floor tray (that's why you had to remove the dash console) by lifting at the front and detaching the two rear clips. Finally remove the two screws located inside the console at the front, and the two bolts either side of the console at the rear. That's it - the console should now lift out.

Service manual 20-75 & 20-83

Last edited by Lingered_I; 12-28-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Lingered_I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Truckin'
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

You are such a great resource to all of us, Lingered_I. It's great to have you around!

tcj, this sounds like a great mod. Take photos if you have a digital camera and post the process for others to follow.
'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
Truckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Lingered_I
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Thanks. I just figured I'd share my $70 investment in the service manual with the rest of you There may be shortcuts to some of these steps that I don't know about until I try this myself, but I'm going to go with the Honda Ipod connector when it's available (next week allegedly), so I'll post pics of that install, which doesn't involve the center console.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
tcj
2006 RTS
Amazon Green / Olive

Thanks a LOT, Lingered_I! That's just what I needed.

Truckin', I will definitely take photos to document the job. I don't anticipate that it'll be particularly awful - I just did a similar job on my wife's 03 Accord this weekend and was really pleased with how simple it turned out to be, because it seemed daunting at first. Honda seems to have made an effort to make the process smooth, whereas other manufacturers don't seem to take into account that once things are together, they may have to come apart some time later on. Yet another reason I've become a Honda guy, of course!
tcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #6
CTRidgeline
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Amazon Green / Olive

TCJ, any update on the pics for the console deinstall/reinstall. If anyone has some or a link, I would like to see it. I may try to get my radios installed this weekend if time permits and want to have good knowledge on getting the console appart.
Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:53 AM   #7
guitar88
ROC Rank: Freshman

Does anyone know if the rear slider in the center console is removable? I need to take it out and modify the bottom, then put it back.
guitar88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
cboosh
2007 RTX
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingered_I View Post
... Then remove the "not an ashtray" (open and pull up towards you) and remove the screw that's behind it. ...
Service manual 20-75 & 20-83
OMFG!!! I struggled with that effin 'not an ashtray' for a friggin hour ... I read your post, went to the Ridge... and it comes right out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T H A N K Y O U!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
Lingered_I
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Glad to help. It's great that these old posts don't go away.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Lingered_I
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar88 View Post
Does anyone know if the rear slider in the center console is removable? I need to take it out and modify the bottom, then put it back.
Do you mean the armrest or the tray inside the console?
If the latter, you have to remove the upper sliding piece of the console (the bit with the cupholders), but you may also have to remove the entire console. Slide the cupholders forward and then release the two stops which are either side of the release button that you had to squeeze to get the console to slide forwards. Then continue to slide the cupholders forward. If it hits the dashboard before coming free, you will need to remove the entire console. If it does come loose, you can then slide the tray out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.