Removing the center console - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
CanWeTakeTheRidgeline?
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Send a message via ICQ to CanWeTakeTheRidgeline?
Re: Removing the center console

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboosh View Post
OMFG!!! I struggled with that effin 'not an ashtray' for a friggin hour ... I read your post, went to the Ridge... and it comes right out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T H A N K Y O U!!!
I have to second cboosh's post. F!F!F!
I am normally quite competant at figuring out how things work...not today!
I had the lower dash part loose and even pulled out enough to see the screw (I bent the support crossmember in the process), but could not get the "NAA" out. Knew that screw was behind it.
Felt really dumb after reading the post, and just popping the "NAA" out.
Well lookie there! That screw is right there!
Thanks for the help.
I will look here first next time.
CanWeTakeTheRidgeline? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
miltstrk
2006 RT
White / Olive

I had to remove this center console to finish cleaning the passenger carpet area after the Indian (Pakistani) wedding that we went to last night. Evidently the "fish stew" had shrimp in it. We have known for some time that shrimp + wife Denise = very sick woman. Much undigested food went ALL over this area. Currently treating the areas with OXICLEAN, Dollar store spray carpet cleaner, SHARK steam cleaner and Craftsman shop vacuum. I needed to remove the console as the fish stew puke overflowed the Honda floor mat and ran under the console and side entry bumper on the other side!
miltstrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
BruceRTL
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltstrk View Post
I had to remove this center console to finish cleaning the passenger carpet area after the Indian (Pakistani) wedding that we went to last night. Evidently the "fish stew" had shrimp in it. We have known for some time that shrimp + wife Denise = very sick woman. Much undigested food went ALL over this area. Currently treating the areas with OXICLEAN, Dollar store spray carpet cleaner, SHARK steam cleaner and Craftsman shop vacuum. I needed to remove the console as the fish stew puke overflowed the Honda floor mat and ran under the console and side entry bumper on the other side!
Dude! Sorry for the mishap but really - to much information. I love shrimp but think I'll pass for a while now....

Meets attended: Sedona IV in AZ - 2008, Tempe, AZ -2008, Phoenix, AZ - 2008, Sedona V in AZ - 2009, San Diego, CA - 2009 - Phoenix, AZ - 2009, Sedona VI in AZ - 2010, Sedona VII in AZ - 2011

2008 RTL /Navi
Purchased Dec 2007
Bug Deflector, Trailor Hitch, Dash Mat, ScanGauge, Rear Splash Guards, Westin Bed Xtender, Pop & Lock, BakFlip G2
BruceRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
Andy-Montreal
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltstrk View Post
I had to remove this center console to finish cleaning the passenger carpet area after the Indian (Pakistani) wedding that we went to last night.
Is there really not another way? Today, I dropped a fry between the seat base and the console. No, I've never eaten in my truck before but this time I was bringing home some takeout and I decided to cheat.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #15
Lingered_I
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Sounds like you need one of these:

Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
vanstar
2007 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Have you tried using a large shop vacuum ,close off around the vent and give it a try .
Also turn on your fan full blast . Lots of luck
vanstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #17
JadedSoulX
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2009 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Billet Silver / Gray

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

I don't mean to crap on your response vanstar, but FYI, the last post before yours was made on 05-26-2008 05:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
sberube
ROC Rank: Sophomore

These instructions were SPOT ON. Thanks so much!
sberube is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
DWIM
2007 RTL
White / Beige

Newbie here. Have a 2007 RTL. Have read posts, but (clueless) even with the explicit instructions, I do NOT understand how to remove the side panels. Nor do I see how to pull up and out the 'not an ashtray'. I pulled out the ashtray's rubber insert but still didn't see how to pull out. Just trying to get to the pwr to the aux so I can add 2 more (for pwr to GPS, my DroidX, other USB add-ons).
DWIM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.