Full size spare tire - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
ianccc
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Full size spare tire

kind of an odd question

I picked up a used rim+tire for a full sized spare for a trip i have retuning to Toronto from Arizona, I just don't want to be stranded between Albuquerque and Amarillo, its barren desolate country out there,

anyways, can i get the full size spare into the area allotted for the "short distance" spare, looks like its buttoned up nice in there, but i was looking for a permanent home for the "full size"

not sure if anyone has given this a go

thanks

~ian
ianccc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
ianccc
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Re: Full size spare tire

Well.... i answered my own question

IT DOES.... yep i have the 07 and it was 2 thumb screws - slide out the drawer - out with the TEMP and in with the FULL

piece a cake... all is good

~ian
ianccc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Heli ATP
ROC Rank: Junior
2011 RTS
Crystal Black Pearl

I believe a 17 or 18" spare will fit on the tire tray in the trunk. You may need to relocate your tire tools. I just bought a rim recently and am considering buying a used tire (6/32) for it. The other option is to buy a brand new tire and rotate it through each time the tires are rotated. Not sure how the TPMS will work in the trunk on a spare. Will it turn on the low light if the spare goes bad? I plan on keeping the donut in case I get a flat while the bed is full.
Peragon Cover, 2012 Grille, OEM Fog Lights, Romik Running Board SideSteps, AVS Hood & Window Deflectors, WeatherTech Mats, Wetokole Seat Covers, Pilot Conversation Mirror, Gentex Autodimming Mirror W/ Homelink & Compass, Audiovox ASH300 back-up warning system. JBL GTO18T Tweeters. JBL GT6-6 Door Speakers. DIY Tailgate Lock. Kenwood DNX9990HD with CMOS-310 Camera and dual 7" headrest monitors, Bazooka 6" amplified Bass Tube.

Last edited by Heli ATP; 04-10-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Heli ATP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Corn-Picker
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2010 RT
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli ATP View Post
I believe a 17 or 18" spare will fit on the tire tray in the trunk. You may need to relocate your tire tools. I just bought a rim recently and am considering buying a used tire (6/32) for it. The other option is to buy a brand new tire and rotate it through each time the tires are rotated. Not sure how the TPMS will work in the trunk on a spare. Will it turn on the low light if the spare goes bad? I plan on keeping the donut in case I get a flat while the bed is full.
I don't know what happens if the spare in the trunk goes flat, but the TPMS automatically picks up the 5th wheel when you introduce it into your rotation.

Edit: Also, you don't have to reset the TPMS or do anything special with the 5th spare, everything happens automatically.
Corn-Picker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
srqwhitepearl
2011 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Send a message via Yahoo to srqwhitepearl
The tray is made to hold a full size spare...need to turn the mount over. The tools will sit on the shelf, there s a lip to hold the jack

Sent from my PG06100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
srqwhitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Ourfarm09
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2011 RTS
Bali Blue Pearl

There is also a kit to mount the full sized spare in the bed.

AVS ventvisors, ROC decal,
Ourfarm09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
CUinaRidge
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourfarm09 View Post
There is also a kit to mount the full sized spare in the bed.
and the kit comes with the truck ... the stem should fit in the screw hole on the side of the bed....

I say "should" because I never tried it...
CUinaRidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
rsholland

A full-size spare tire is standard on Ridgelines sold south of the border in Mexico.

http://www.honda.mx/ridgeline/especificaciones/

See "NEUMÁTICO DE REFACCIÓN," which is spare tire in Spanish.

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
McChizzle
2009 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

I have a question for the group.

I recently upgraded the spare tire in my Ridgeline by purchasing a refurbish Honda rim and put one of my good tires that I had pulled out of rotation from when I got a flat back in the day. --Since I pull a heavy trailer, I'm more comfortable knowing I have a full-size spare in the trunk (as the manual recommends).-- With the tire kit (a.k.a. the "Tool Box") now sitting on the shelf (above the muffler) in the trunk, I had to move my personal tool bag.

I like having the floor of the trunk empty for my grocery runs, etc. Thus, I'm looking for some sort of tool bag that I can use to put my tire kit, towrope, crescent wrench, etc. that will fit nicely inside the full-size tire's rim so it's all tucked out of the way under the bed.
Name:  Honda Ridgeline Full-size Spare.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  38.7 KB

I saw this photograph of a tough cylindrical bag that appears to have the correct proportions for what I'm after. However, I cannot find it for sale anywhere.

Does anyone have an idea of where I can get a good bag like this with the dimensions I need? I have about 23 liters of space; that's about an eight inch radius with seven inches of height/depth that I can fill with goodies.

Last edited by McChizzle; 08-15-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Minor edit
McChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
FissioN
2013 RTS
Dark Cherry Pearl

I did the same, bought a used wheel in great condition from a member here. I put a new OEM tire on it and I'm using it in a 5 tire rotation.

On the tray in the trunk, I've got it laying face up, with the center lock bolt holding it in place. Interesting idea with the cylindrical bag. Does laying the wheel face down scratch it up? Did you get a shorter center lock bolt (can't think of a better name for it)?
FissioN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.