Door panel side protectors: Need insight and/or pics. - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
kirk180
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2011 RTS
Polished Metal Metallic

Door panel side protectors: Need insight and/or pics.

Question for ya: Trying to visualize how this would look. I own a polished metal metallic RL and was wondering if anyone has installed the OEM (or other makes) "black" door panel side protectors on it for the sake of contrast? As opposed to color matching. All I have seen are the color matched ones. I've tried a couple of different searches with no luck.

If you've seen one, could you post a pic for me? And if you haven't seen one... Thoughts on how it would look? I'm planning to powdercoat the OEM wheels black, and think that putting black door protectors on there might compliment them in contrast with that deeper grey body paint.
kirk180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
arteegee
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Door panel side protectors: Need insight and/or pics.

Look better if you painted them matte black. Search as pictures are here of a few examples of each.

#567 HPD-Shut Up and Drive...
arteegee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Nuke83
ROC Rank: Senior
2010 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Here's a recommendation that will allow you to try it and also protect yourself against wasting money.

Order the moulding in to color match your car.

Plasti-dip them in flat black and install. If you wanted gloss black, get the plasti dip clear spray and topcoat the flat black to get gloss.

If they look good, great. If not, peel off the dip and you have the color matched moulding.

You could also always peel it off if you want a change in look and then dip them again if you wanted to switch back.

Give you the best of both worlds and protect your investment/spend.

There is a white RL I've seen on here where the owner installed OEM black. Personally, I didn't like it, but yours wouldn't be nearly the contrast as black on white.
My Mods - Peragon Tonneau Cover, DIY Tailgate Lock, WeatherTech Digital Front Mats, Wired Backup Camera, Sportwing Side Moulding, Infinity 1031t Tweeter mod, Romik Black Runningboards, 2012 Grill, Stampede Custom Color Matched Low Profile Hood Deflector, Fumoto Oil Valve
Pending Mods -
Came with - Front & Rear splash guards, AVS Front & Rear In-Channel Ventshades, Honda Silver Roof Rack

Last edited by Nuke83; 04-27-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Nuke83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Nuke83

Also, take a look at the sportwing moulding. Rather than "fill" the natural body lines like the OEM's does, this protrudes in the gap between the body lines.
Attached Images

My Mods - Peragon Tonneau Cover, DIY Tailgate Lock, WeatherTech Digital Front Mats, Wired Backup Camera, Sportwing Side Moulding, Infinity 1031t Tweeter mod, Romik Black Runningboards, 2012 Grill, Stampede Custom Color Matched Low Profile Hood Deflector, Fumoto Oil Valve
Pending Mods -
Came with - Front & Rear splash guards, AVS Front & Rear In-Channel Ventshades, Honda Silver Roof Rack

Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Nuke83

Actually, I was wrong. It was black on silver. Link below, pic's in post 25. I think that it's too much contrast.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...t=10357&page=3
Pending Mods -

Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
kirk180
2011 RTS
Polished Metal Metallic

Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and the link. Much appreciated. Now that I've seen them on a silver, I'm not sure if I'd want them on my grey. Although the grey is a little darker. As far as the OEM vs. Sportwing panels...I tried to like the sportwing one, but just can't do it. Filling those natural body lines are ok with me. To be quite honest, those body lines don't do it for me. They look anything but natural to me there. Can't quite make sense of them.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Personally, I think the two indents compliment the side of the truck. It's something a little different than the norm.
I chose the sportwing look however OEM looks good to me as well.

Unfortunately for you, there aren't many options to get rid of those unnatural body lines.

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
bluffcountry
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

Just installed the Dawn Industries painted body side moldings tonight on my '07. The install was easy and straight-forward and they look great. Bought them off of eBay for $125 shipped to me.
bluffcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Not sure about the earlier models, buy my inside door panels also have two indents, just like the door skins do.

Kind of a matching set..

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
kirk180
2011 RTS
Polished Metal Metallic

Ok...so I tried to Google Search "Dawn Industries" combined with door panels/mouldings, etc and got every kind of company but what I was looking for.

Do you have any pics of yours bluffcountry? Or perhaps a link to said door panels?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.