vsa light on - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
oracledba
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

vsa light on

I have about 900 miles on my RTL. drove it home last night from work, parked outside.
We had a snow/ice storm last night - the truck was covered in ice and snow. Once I got the windshield cleared etc, I started up the truck and noticed the VSA ( the yellow warning exclamation point light ) was on. The VTM switch is off.
Not sure if it is related to the storm or ice on something - drove it to work, and the light remained on. Note that the roads were very icey, however the light remained on when in 'Park'.
any ideas??
oracledba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Riley
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: vsa light on

I can't go out and verify but I think VSA is on lower left of dash by the master cruise switch and VTM is on the upper right of dash - two different things. VSA doesn't have an indicator light in the switch itself, have to use the dash light you were seeing to know whether it's deactivated or not - I believe you merely just needed to hit the VSA switch again - possibly bumped it getting in?
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
oracledba
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Thanks Riley
I confired the VSA switch was not "hit". I started it up again, ( now about an hour later ) and the VSA light is 'off' on the dash.
Perhaps there is a sensor that was frozen over or something ????

dba
Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
lowrider90
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley
I can't go out and verify but I think VSA is on lower left of dash by the master cruise switch and VTM is on the upper right of dash - two different things. VSA doesn't have an indicator light in the switch itself, have to use the dash light you were seeing to know whether it's deactivated or not - I believe you merely just needed to hit the VSA switch again - possibly bumped it getting in?
Good point, if not check the fuses under the hood next to the master cylinder for the brakes, there are two fuses one 20 amp, one 40 amp. one is for the sensors the other for the motor which runs the VSA system.
lowrider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Zemog
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. When I noticed the vsa on, I was at a stop light. I killed my engine and restarted. The light was out and all appeared ok. I hit the vsa button a couple of times and the vsa light came on and off. No problems since.
Zemog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Riley
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemog
I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. When I noticed the vsa on, I was at a stop light. I killed my engine and restarted. The light was out and all appeared ok. I hit the vsa button a couple of times and the vsa light came on and off. No problems since.
So you tried pushing the VSA button to no avail before killing your engine?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #7
Riley
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider90
Good point, if not check the fuses under the hood next to the master cylinder for the brakes, there are two fuses one 20 amp, one 40 amp. one is for the sensors the other for the motor which runs the VSA system.
Good info but I don't think this is oracledba's problem since it now appears to be working again.

Also I can't personally check right now, but I know there are VTM fuses in that secondary fuse box - are there also VSA ones? Either way (and maybe it's just me) it seems like maybe there's some confusion going on (and not just in this thread) between VTM and VSA?

I believe if the VTM fuse is blown (or removed) then you can't engage the VTM-4 lock. What if a VSA fuse is blown? Is VSA automatically disabled and the yellow exclamation lights up? Kind of backward logic in that one is normally off and you engage it and the other is normally on and you disable it. Looks like some more experimenting is in store tonight . . .
Old 01-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
Dktahg
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

When I got my truck back out the body shop from my crash with a teenager that pulled in front of me, the dashboard had the VSA light on and the exclamation mark. That meant that the VSA was disabled and not working. The shop had to send my truck next door at the dealership to get it reset. I knew once all the air bags and everything were re-installed, I was going to be real leary if there was absolutely nothing wrong with the truck from having all the front end replaced (no structural damage).

But, I seem to be now having some rear brake problems with it making noise and sticking. The one time the brake was locked up, I took that as frozen shut from it being 0 degrees and I had the emergency brake on overnight.
GROC #11
'06 Amazon RTL moonroof (with bed extender, rear splash-guard, hood deflector, flood lights and ROC decal)*New A12* Built & bought 3/05
'98 Red CRV
Dktahg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
Riley
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dktahg
When I got my truck back out the body shop from my crash with a teenager that pulled in front of me, the dashboard had the VSA light on and the exclamation mark. That meant that the VSA was disabled and not working. The shop had to send my truck next door at the dealership to get it reset. I knew once all the air bags and everything were re-installed, I was going to be real leary if there was absolutely nothing wrong with the truck from having all the front end replaced (no structural damage).

But, I seem to be now having some rear brake problems with it making noise and sticking. The one time the brake was locked up, I took that as frozen shut from it being 0 degrees and I had the emergency brake on overnight.
That's an excellent reminder about emergency brake use as emergency brake cables, wet weather, and freezing temperatures are a bad mix.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
oracledba
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

what is most troubling to me is that, i *needed* vsa to be on this morning with the road conditions the way they were. VSA was not "on" confirmed? by the Warning Light on the dash.
My gut tells me the sensor was iced....

dba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.