2013 Sport getting more mods! - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
chrismarko
ROC Rank: Junior
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

2013 Sport getting more mods!

Santa was good to my ridge this year.....got a new Go Rhino Dominator Hitch Step for Xmas.....nowi think i just need a lift and im done

westin bull bar-westin off road lights-8000k hid headlights and foglights-nerf bars-westin window vents-k&N drop in-viper remote start/alarm-truxxx/traxda lift kit-dominator hitch step-rugged liner tonneau cover-2x10 alpine type s subs-alpine type s components-alpine type s coaxials-atrend sub box-pioneer p5200dvd head unit-metra axxess-alpine 500w monobloc amp-alpine 300w 4 channel amp-pioneer gexp90xm sat tuner
chrismarko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Parsec
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: 2013 Sport getting more mods!

I've never seen a hitch step in real life, so I always wondered what the point of it was. Can you pull it out so you can step on it w/the tailgate down? Otherwise, it would be kinda pointless since there's already a step built into the back bumper right? At least it looks cool!
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
chrismarko
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

it doesnt pull out but if you dont have a tonneau it makes it easier to put stuff in the bed......its also a little more protection for the rear.......looks good too
westin bull bar-westin off road lights-8000k hid headlights and foglights-nerf bars-westin window vents-k&N drop in-viper remote start/alarm-truxxx/traxda lift kit-dominator hitch step-rugged liner tonneau cover-2x10 alpine type s subs-alpine type s components-alpine type s coaxials-atrend sub box-pioneer p5200dvd head unit-metra axxess-alpine 500w monobloc amp-alpine 300w 4 channel amp-pioneer gexp90xm sat tuner
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
3djedi
ROC Rank: Freshman
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

looks good! What kind of running boards you have on there? I have a 2013 sport black too and have been shopping around on which type of boards to get!
3djedi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
chrismarko
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

i think they are manik but im not sure.....i bought them from ebay a few years back....so far no rust and they are holding up well
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
LMP88
ROC Rank: Freshman
2010 RTS
Polished Metal Metallic

+1 on protection for the rear...atleast when people park here i rather have them hit the hitch step rather than the bumper(city parking suck). I ordered mine last week and still waiting for it.

Last edited by LMP88; 12-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.
LMP88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
bluewater1
2012 RT
Polished Metal Metallic

I have the cheapie hitch step from Harbor Freight ($32.00). It does make it easier to step into the bed. Adds some protection for the rear as well. I wouldn't mind if it was four feet wide, but then someone would figure out another place to ding me.
bluewater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
chrismarko
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

not to mention it rounded out the look because i had the front and sides covered before
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
DaveG55
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater1 View Post
I have the cheapie hitch step from Harbor Freight ($32.00). It does make it easier to step into the bed. Adds some protection for the rear as well. I wouldn't mind if it was four feet wide, but then someone would figure out another place to ding me.
I have the same one. I got it because I kept bumping the concrete wall in the parking garage at work. The garage has real short spaces and I want back as far as possible but I was afraid of damaging the bumper paint. $32 was cheap protection for me and it does make it a bit easier to step into the bed - even though the bumper does have a step this makes it easier. At some point I may upgrade to a chrome one to match my side tubes but, for now, cheap is fine.
2006 RTL, Billet Silver Metalic, 2% rears, 35% front window tint, Aires chrome step rails, Advantage Torza tonneau cover, PA15-HON2 I-Pod/Aux adapter, BT35-HON bluetooth adapter, Infinity Reference 1031t dash tweeter upgrade, Infinity Reference 6022i speakers (front doors), Infinity Reference 5022i speakers (rear doors), power point in center console, Aux In jack between heated seat butons, rear power outlets always on, power tailgate lock mod.
DaveG55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

I bought one of the cheap ones off of Ebay with the LED strip built in. Only the brake and turn signal functions work now and it's time to replace.

The OP's step looks great!

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.