Maintenance Schedule - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
radtech91
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2010 RTS
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Maintenance Schedule

Sorry if I post this is the wrong area, I couldn't find a maintenance section.
So I have been doing a lot of research on here the past few days and this is the schedule I came up with. Dealer did some maintenance before I got it.

Rear Diff - (Dealer just did) So I will do again at 60,000 miles and then every 30,000 after. With Honda VTM-4 Fluid.

Tranfer Case Fluid - Will do at 45,000 with Amsoil Synthetic 80W-90 Gear Lube. And then every 45,000 after.

ATF - Dealer just did drain and fill with DW-1. I will do another at 45,000 and then every 15,000 with Honda DW-1.

PSF - Will do a complete flush with Honda PSF at 45,000 and then every 20,000

Brake Fluid - Change at 45,000 with Honda DOT3 fluid and then every 20,000

Engine and Cabin Air filter - Honda just did both will swap out again at 60,000 and then every 15,000 after.

Tire Rotation every 5,000-7500 miles, not sure on that yet.

I will only be putting about 7500-8000 miles a year on the RL. Still on the fence about OCI. I will probably be using PU 5W-20 with a PureOne 14610 Filter. Not sure if I should do 5,000, 6,000, or 7500 mile OCI. I do live in the country and also my trips mostly consist of about 10-12 miles one way. So I don't really have any long trips. Any suggestions on what interval I should do?

Any changes or does my schedule look good?
radtech91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
e_piph_a_ny
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Maintenance Schedule

I usually just follow the MM or you can read this maintenance list.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...62&postcount=4

e_piph_a_ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
northernlights
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

With only putting that many miles on a year you might never have to do anything for years if you still own it.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
radtech91
2010 RTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
With only putting that many miles on a year you might never have to do anything for years if you still own it.
Yeah I used to do about 15,000 miles a year, but I got a job at a closer hospital and I only have to work 3 12's a week so I don't really drive that much anymore.
But now that I have the RL I will be going biking more often now, so I will probably be putting more on in the summer time.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Ourfarm09
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2011 RTS
Bali Blue Pearl

OCI. Follow the maintenance minder or 1 year, which ever comes first.

AVS ventvisors, ROC decal,
Ourfarm09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
radtech91
2010 RTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourfarm09 View Post
OCI. Follow the maintenance minder or 1 year, which ever comes first.
What is the average person getting using the MM?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

First of all, you have a Maintenance Minder. I suggest you use it. Be advised you need to let the MM run down to the <15% alert in order to see what other associated maintenance is due at the forthcoming oil change.

Your trips are good in that they are not short and should let your RL warm up properly before you shut down.

You didn't state your current mileage. Did the dealer do the fluid/filters because they were due per the MM or just for the sale?

Rear diff: use VTM-4 fluid per the MM callouts.
Transfer assembly: I would do that one on the MM callouts too.
ATF: personally, I like to change that every other oil change (admittedly way early). Especially since you are just converting over to DW-1 (from Z1). I would do 3 changes about a week apart to exercise all gears and get a good mix. Then change tranny fluid every other oil change. For your low annual mileage, that will be once every 2-ish years.
PSF: this is not on the MM or any service schedule. That being said, I think it's a good idea to change that fluid every 3-5 years/40k-60k miles or so.
Brake fluid: change every 3 years regardless of mileage.
Engine and cabin air filters: I change them every 30k miles. Your driving conditions may dictate another schedule if you drive in dusty conditions, etc.
Tire rotations: I get ~6500 mile OCIs. I tend to rotate every OCI.

I suggest Honda OEM fluids except for engine oil and transfer assembly hypoid gear oil. For those, use the fluid of your choice that meets the spec. Use a good quality oil filter (WIX, Purolator, Honda A01 (not the A02), etc.).

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtech91 View Post
What is the average person getting using the MM?
There is no average. The MM takes your personal driving conditions into consideration... including ambient temps, driving style, etc. Some people may get as low as 3000 miles OCIs while others may get around 12,000 mile OCIs.

In your driving conditions, it may be closer to the ~6500 mile OCIs that I get. But if you do a lot of stoplight drags, that number will be lower.

Edit: the 1 year referred to above is for those who do very low annual mileages. The oil should be changed every 12 months regardless of low miles (and before the MM would call for it).

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
radtech91
2010 RTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
First of all, you have a Maintenance Minder. I suggest you use it. Be advised you need to let the MM run down to the <15% alert in order to see what other associated maintenance is due at the forthcoming oil change.

Your trips are good in that they are not short and should let your RL warm up properly before you shut down.

You didn't state your current mileage. Did the dealer do the fluid/filters because they were due per the MM or just for the sale?
Mileage is in my signature and the dealer changed everything just because of the sale. So everything was fresh and new. Also when you go to reset the MM it tells you the other codes and what also needs done. CR-V was the same and the RL manual also says the same thing.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
jeb
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 LX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtech91 View Post
Tranfer Case Fluid - Will do at 45,000 with Amsoil Synthetic 80W-90 Gear Lube. And then every 45,000 after.
80W-90..... How did you settle on this weight? I am runing amsoil in my engine, always have on all my J-motors.
I have synthetic in my transfer case now, I think synthetic Pennzoil Hypoid Gear lube if I am correct.

Previous Rides:
2010 Honda Civic Sport, 2003 Acura MDX, 2005 Acura TL, 1998 Accord V6 EXL, 1995 Accord EX (x3), 1995 Acura Integra
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.