Bazooka Tube - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Jebario
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Bazooka Tube

Anyone put a Bazooka tube under the back seat yet? If so what size?

Jeff
Jebario is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
mugen1
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Bazooka Tube

A 10 inch will not fit. I tried the other day just for fun. The 10 inch ones have an outer dimension of 10.3 something inches. You can barely fit something 10 inches under the seat - in the spot where there is an indent in the plastic at the bottom of the seat. Too bad, because the new Bazooka tubes are not that shabby. People make fun of Bazooka Tubes, but for the convenience and price, they can't be beat. I think the 8 inch models are stretching it as far as sound quality is concerned. Then again, I haven't heard one in an RL. However, it would still be miles better than the stock subs.
mugen1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
blueridge33
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Abilify...........
blueridge33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
mugen1
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Tried that, but pot laced with Crystal Meth seems to do the trick................

BTW, we grow the best here. Called BC Bud. Ask for it by name.
mugen1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
noasridge
2006 RT
Nighthawk Black / Beige

I had an 8in it sounded ok. but i don't recommend it
noasridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
TCW

I was not impressed with the stock sub so tried a couple of experiments. I had all these parts already, 8 inch Bazooka EL – passive model (98 model), 10 in Bazooka Reference Series (RS) – passive model (also a ’98 model), a US Acoustics 300 watt amp, a high-level converter and lots of wiring. I also had access to a newer 10-inch RS Bazooka that my brother had put in his Wakeboard boat.

I first tapped into the sub’s wiring behind the back seat before it went into the enclosure. From there, to the high-level converter, then RCAs to the amp (under passenger seat) then back to factory sub. Surprisingly the factory sub handled the extra clean wattage and sounded a lot better. So I wondered how the 8 and 10 inch Bazookas would sound. The 8 inch EL sounded much better than the stock sub and fit under the seat. But for poops and giggles, I tried the 10 RS, which sounds superb. It has more than adequate output (you can feel your hair moving when cranked up) and good extension, with a tight-accurate response. It wedges nicely between in tightly but the 40% split seat has to be raised. When the dog comes with us we put the seat down and move the sub in front of the seat. When we need to use the back seat for humans we move the 10 incher out and put in the 8 inch EL, that’s been waiting happily in the trunk for such an occasion. Also, I found that the newer RS Bazookas (passive models) can output more than the older versions but at the cost of sound quality. The new models have stiffer cones with large rubber surrounds, two voice coils, and can handle lots of wattage. The result, though, is lots of air moving but a bit one-notey/flabby sound. If you want to make a lot of noise, a new 10 RS Bazooka with a high quality, high watt amp can do it. I, however, prefer the quality sound, which is many decibles ,more than the stock sub. Also, the models with the built-in amps are not nearly as potent as the passives attached to decent amplification.
Attached Images

TCW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
Ultra-HOG
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

TCW or others that have worked with bass tubes and/or the stock sub, where did you gain access to the stock sub wire? Can it be done without removing the back seat? I have an old 8" amplified sub that I want to experiment with but have not yet.
Ultra-HOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
TCW

It probably can be done but I don't know how. I got to the wires by following the back seat removal instructions pdf from Collegehillshonda.
TCW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.