Camera install instructions - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
Wiley
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Camera install instructions

Does anybody have (or have a link) to the install instructions for the rear-view camera? I'm looking for info about the connection the camera uses to connect to the NAV system. I would guess it is just a video RCA jack, but I would like some clarification. I'm planning on getting an non-Honda camera (license plate mounted type) and want to make sure that I won't have any problem connecting it to the stock NAV unit.

I'm not really a big fan of the Honda camera option because of the odd off-center mounting and the fact that the camera would be useless with the tailgate down (using the bed-extender) ...in the off chance that I'm trying to back my truck into my garage with some wood in the back or something.

I also think the install would be a lot cheaper not going through Honda. I had a Pioneer NAV system and rear-view camera put into my wife's SUV for under $2,500K (including the NAV). I think the going price for the Honda camera install is over $1K for the camera install alone.

I just don't want to get stuck having to buy some transceiver to make the after-market part work with the factory NAV. IF that's the case I'll just have Honda install everything (but I'm going to have them at least center mount the camera).
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
tadtam
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: Camera install instructions

Here is the install link from H&A:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/rid...ckupcamera.pdf

Shows a 6 pin connector to Navi on page 16.
Took my dealer 9 hours to install. He charged $875 for camera installed.

Last edited by tadtam; 02-02-2006 at 10:24 AM.
tadtam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Wiley

Thanks tadtam

Ok, upon further review of those install instructions I think I'm just going to have the Honda dealer do the install. 9 hours seems a bit long considering the installer has most likely done it a dozen times already. My Honda dealer told me that every part has a "recommended" install time and that they usually just bill per that ...I wonder if I can argue them down on the time. Couldn't hurt to try I guess.

I gotta get them to center mount the thing though ...I'm one of those people who need everything to be symetrical or I get all freaked out.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
tadtam
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
I gotta get them to center mount the thing though ...I'm one of those people who need everything to be symetrical or I get all freaked out.
Is you're real name MONK ?
Old 02-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
Truckin'
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley
Your dealer may refuse to mount it in the center because that is not how they are instructed to mount it. That's the response we got at our dealer. We're thinking of getting it painted so at least it blends in color with the tailgate. vertrkr's painted cover looks nice.
'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
Truckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
Snapshot
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Yes, paint the camera hood, it blend in very nicely with the tailgate. I did that also.
Centerline California Encino 20", Falken Ziex S/TZ 04 P275/45/R20, Poron Reversing Aid, Line of Fire, Retrax, Westin Step Bar Platunim Series, Vent Shade Rain Guards, Signal Mirrors, Dash Kit, Truxxx Lift Kit, Squires Turbo System, Aero Exhaust, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, DICE Ipod, Lane Fx, Muth Signal Mirror, Fig Hood Support

OEM Mods:
Reversing Camera, Rear Mud Guard, Fog Lights, Hood Deflector, Roof Rack,
Snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.