Fuel Tank - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
bustout
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Fuel Tank

I recently filled up when i notice i was driving more than ten miles on the reserve light . I was only able to fill the tank to 18.2 gallons and was told the ridgeline has a 22 gallon tank .. how many miles have you guys been able to drive with light on telling you to refuel ? And does it have a 22 gallon tank ?
bustout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #2
Papa
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: Fuel Tank

I have driven in excess of 40 miles and put almost 20 gallons in when I filled up. When the light comes on you have approximately 4 gallons. Think I read this in the manual. Not to worry you do have 22 gallon tank.
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
scottIN
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustout
I recently filled up when i notice i was driving more than ten miles on the reserve light . I was only able to fill the tank to 18.2 gallons and was told the ridgeline has a 22 gallon tank .. how many miles have you guys been able to drive with light on telling you to refuel ? And does it have a 22 gallon tank ?
I posted about this a while back. Last weekend, I ran it down to where the top of the needle was even with the bottom of the hash mark and was only able to put 19.5 gallons in. I figure I went 50+ miles after the light first came on, and probably had anothe 50 before it went dry. Since these are mechanical systems we're dealing with, I am sure that it's not 100% accurate on the level. But at least now I know I can go below the hash mark without any issue.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #4
jch
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

bustout,
I've been keeping close tabs on my gas mileage since purchase (46 entries now) and my red fuel light comes after running through ~18 gallons leaving me with 4. So at 19MPG I have around 76 miles to empty.
Hope this helps.
jch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
ridgeNH
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Is all 22 gallons usable? You may run out with .5 gallons still in the tank.
ridgeNH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
swampler
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Mine holds about 18.5 gallons when the light first comes on.

Steve
2006 Ridgeline Nighthawk Black Pearl RTS
2001 Accord Dark Emerald Pearl LX V6
Local Sports Photos
swampler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #7
DoctorJ
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

I have filled up with 21.6 gallons but I was getting worried until then.
DoctorJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeNH
Is all 22 gallons usable? You may run out with .5 gallons still in the tank.
RNH.....tell ya what.....why don't you run your truck completely out of gas and tell us how many gallons it takes to fill it up. My guess.....around 22 gallons!

Why let your tank run that low? From what I understand, it is not good for your engine (Fuel Injectors?) to run your RL completely dry.

My advice: Fill up shortly after the low fuel light comes on. Then you don't have to worry whether you can "use" all 22 gallons.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #9
pyro
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

Just keep a two gallon plastic gas tank tank in the bed, or in the trunk so you can re-fill when it dies. You'll then know the answer to your question (and don't forget to post the answer!)

I'm still on my first tank for now : )
pyro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
JOZ RIDG
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepuydt
Why let your tank run that low? From what I understand, it is not good for your engine (Fuel Injectors?) to run your RL completely dry.

Page 68 of OM has a Notice on driving with a low fuel level....(catalytic converter damage)

Page 62 of OM states when the Indicator comes on, there is about 3.30 U.S. gallons of fuel remaning in the tank BEFORE the needle reaches E.

AND there is a small reserve of fuel remaning when the needle DOES reach E.

That sounds about right. I usually fill up soon after the indicator comes on and it take 18.5 gallons to re-fill.
JOZ RIDG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.