VSA and warning light! - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
rjrempel
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
White / Beige

VSA and warning light!

Two times now the VSA light and the exclamation point light have come on while driving. They have gone off and not returned when I shut off and restart the vehicle. Haven't had time to get in to the shop. This can't be good, can it?
rjrempel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
lowrider90
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Re: VSA and warning light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrempel
Two times now the VSA light and the exclamation point light have come on while driving. They have gone off and not returned when I shut off and restart the vehicle. Haven't had time to get in to the shop. This can't be good, can it?
once it comes on it doesn't turn off till you shut the truck off? I routinely take my VSA fuse out when off roading all the warning lights stay on till i put the fuse back in.. interestingly though the lights don't go out till i shut the truck down and restart it. whhich leads me to believe for some reason your VSA system has an issue. the lights come on not only when you are slipping on the road but when the VSA becomes inopperative. if it just came on cuz you were slipping on the road it would go out as soon as the vehicle was stablized. I hope that helps a bit.

Or to make a long story short, what he said ....AIBIKR!!
lowrider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
Vintner

Isn't the VSA button right next to the Cruise Control Button? Like AIBIKR said, I bumped the button with my knee as well, but then I just pressed the button again to re-enable the VSA and the light was gone. If you press the button when the light is on, does it go off?
Vintner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
rjrempel
2006 RTS
White / Beige

It has happened when I'm on the interstate, doing 75ish. The fact that the warning light (exclamation point in a triangle) and VSA light come on simultaneously is what concerns me. Pushing the various buttons seems to have no impact.
I'm going to stop by the shop tomorrow...with fingers crossed.
Thanks for the advice

RJ
Old 02-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
rjrempel
2006 RTS
White / Beige

UPDATE:
There's a sensor that detects the degree to which the steering wheel is off center. It was fouled up such that when the wheels were square the sensor thought they were turned 12 degrees. We'll see if the reset fixes the problem.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
swampler
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrempel
UPDATE:
There's a sensor that detects the degree to which the steering wheel is off center. It was fouled up such that when the wheels were square the sensor thought they were turned 12 degrees. We'll see if the reset fixes the problem.
That happened to mine when they did the creaky steering wheel fix. It was the 1st fix the dealer had done for the creaky wheel and he didn't know about the yaw sensor behind the wheel. Fortunately, he test drove it and found it without me having to bring it back in!

Steve
2006 Ridgeline Nighthawk Black Pearl RTS
2001 Accord Dark Emerald Pearl LX V6
Local Sports Photos
swampler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
CRX Millennium
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

FWIW, I experienced similar happening where both VSA & exclamation warning came on and stayed on once started. The front wheels were turned away from the curb, being parked uphill. Further, I remote started the RL and discovered those warning lights staying on upon entering into the car.

So I'll try to repeat the experiment again, by using remote start as the control variable. Never before had I experienced this.
CRX Millennium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
ukrkoz
2009 RTL
White / Beige

My Check VSA light came on today.
I just parked her without restart.
Hopefully, it'll go away towards the end of the day, when I go home.
I have seen several posts referring to some steering wheel sensor? Which one is it, how much and where to buy it?
I did accelerate up hill few hundred feet before light came up. I did not see any VSC lights flash during acceleration and don't think wheels slipped. Turned into garage, and light came up.
Biggest question - is vehicle drivable with this light on? That's all I care for now.

It's 2009 model. I found sensor location. Left bottom side of steering column. Is it field serviceable or the entire piece behind steering wheel needs to be pulled out? I am NOT touching air bag. I found old post with speed's replacement diagram, but that was for 2006-2008. There it looked like an integral part of whatever the part behind the steering wheel is.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 12-12-2013 at 09:44 AM.
ukrkoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
jeb
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 LX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
My Check VSA light came on today.
I just parked her without restart.
Hopefully, it'll go away towards the end of the day, when I go home.
I have seen several posts referring to some steering wheel sensor? Which one is it, how much and where to buy it?
I did accelerate up hill few hundred feet before light came up. I did not see any VSC lights flash during acceleration and don't think wheels slipped. Turned into garage, and light came up.
Biggest question - is vehicle drivable with this light on? That's all I care for now.

It's 2009 model. I found sensor location. Left bottom side of steering column. Is it field serviceable or the entire piece behind steering wheel needs to be pulled out? I am NOT touching air bag. I found old post with speed's replacement diagram, but that was for 2006-2008. There it looked like an integral part of whatever the part behind the steering wheel is.
There are a few sensors. There is a steering wheel "yaw" sensor, another one in the dash I do believe, and a sensor at each wheel. 9/10 its the sensor at a wheel, but that usually throws an ABS light as well. Those types of VSA problems are tough to diagnose with out an HDS scanner. My RL threw those lights on when my battery was toast, replaced battery and the lights went out. Hows your battery?

Previous Rides:
2010 Honda Civic Sport, 2003 Acura MDX, 2005 Acura TL, 1998 Accord V6 EXL, 1995 Accord EX (x3), 1995 Acura Integra
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
ukrkoz
2009 RTL
White / Beige

Yaw sensor is in the center console towards rear end of it. Steering angle sensor is in the steering column.
My battery is brand new, just installed.

ukrkoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.