Jammed CD in 6 disc changer (HELP NEEDED) - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 03-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
Nox
ROC Rank: Freshman

Jammed CD in 6 disc changer (HELP NEEDED)

Ok, where to start? I so seldom use my CD player, that today when I decided to pop in a CD, I wasn't paying attention. I flipped open the NAV screen and sort of "pushed" the CD into slot number 3. About half way into the process, I realized I was pushing more than I should and when the CD started to go in, I think it went in wrong. The CD is now jammed inside slot number 3 and I can't get any of the CDs to work or eject.

Now comes my quandry---

I called my service rep and he said if the CD is a "burned" CD, they won't cover it under warranty. Even if there is no label on it. Unfortunately it is a burned CD, and even though it has no label, he says sometimes they are thinner than factory and will get jammed and Honda will not cover removal.

Ok, so I am fairly mechanically inclined. I repair my own mechanical wristwatches and have built up several engines from parts- so you get the picture.

But I have never tried to remove the dash and get to the CD changer on my Ridgeline. Is it fairly easy to 1) remove the dash? 2) get to the CD changer behind the Nav console?

I am pretty confident that if I can just get the CD unit out, I can pull out the CD myself. For what it's worth, the service rep said if it isn't working after I extricate the "burned" CD, simply load in a store bought CD and bring the Ridge in and they will warranty repair it.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
chrissalvatore
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Jammed CD in 6 disc changer (HELP NEEDED)

Nox, I had kind of the same problem, but mine was a personally burned CD with a label on it. I had all 6 disks loaded , all were in the cd player for approx. 3 weeks without taking them out. all of a sudden none would eject and only #1 would play. I took it into the honda dealer and they asked if I had any labels on my cd's and I said no.(because my friend burned me the only cd with a label on it, so I didnt remember). He asked me a bunch of questions, saying that " honda wanted to know about everything that went wrong so they could produce a better cd player in the future.
When he came back and handed me the cd with a label on it, I felt like a complete a@#... Because I know better than to put those labels on. It seems that the label bubbled up and jammed the cd player. But he told me not to worry it was still all covered.

Check out my other post called "all 6 cd's stuck" in this same forum.

Good luck
Chris
chrissalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
chrissalvatore
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

It's on page 2 of this forum..

Chris
Old 03-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissalvatore
Nox, I had kind of the same problem, but mine was a personally burned CD with a label on it. I had all 6 disks loaded , all were in the cd player for approx. 3 weeks without taking them out. all of a sudden none would eject and only #1 would play. I took it into the honda dealer and they asked if I had any labels on my cd's and I said no.(because my friend burned me the only cd with a label on it, so I didnt remember). He asked me a bunch of questions, saying that " honda wanted to know about everything that went wrong so they could produce a better cd player in the future.
When he came back and handed me the cd with a label on it, I felt like a complete a@#... Because I know better than to put those labels on. It seems that the label bubbled up and jammed the cd player. But he told me not to worry it was still all covered.

Check out my other post called "all 6 cd's stuck" in this same forum.

Good luck
Chris
Chris,

I read your earlier post. My service guy already told me that if they pull a homemade CD out of there, they won't cover me under warranty, hence my question, is it easy to pull the dash and get to the CD changer?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
chrissalvatore
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

I don't quite understand, My dealer said homemade cd's were fine. Thats why if honda's cd player cant handle the homemade cd , They want to know about it so they can make one that can handle them.
When I bought my Ridge ,I straight up asked my dealer if the factory cd player would except homemade cd's and he said YES!. Thats why I upgraded my whole stereo system EXCEPT my head unit!
I run ..
2 sets of infinity 1206 speakers in the doors
1 audio control lc6
1Kicker 700.5 Amp
1 Treo 10 Inch Sub
With the factory 6 disk changer.

I would try a different dealer if they give you the run around.

Good Luck,
Chris
Old 03-25-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissalvatore
I don't quite understand, My dealer said homemade cd's were fine.
Ok, let me rephrase this. There is a CD jammed inside my six disc changer. It really doesn't matter what your dealer says because there is a CD jammed inside the unit. My particular dealer won't pull out the homemade CD (fine or not under warranty) So, since I am fairly mechanically inclined, I have decided to fix the CD player myself.

That being said, I think I will pull the dash off with some intstructions that I got from Mugen.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
Stereolab
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

As far as Honda not covering the warrenty for a burned CD, this is nonsense. Even manufactured CD's have different thickness depending upon the factory it was made in. I'm currently playing dualdisc's in my ridge and have no problems. Dualdisc's are thicker than most normal CD's (burnable or manufactured). I'm pretty sure the issue here is the paper label. Honda will not cover the warrenty when a label bubbles up and thus gets jammed.
Take your truck to another dealer, unless there are labels on those discs.

FYI... CD's (compact disc's) are referred to as discs NOT disks
GROC #8
'06 Ridgeline RTL Navi - Amazon Green
'05 Pilot EXL RES - Billet Silver
'05 HS-520AS - Honda Snow Thrower
Stereolab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.