Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Wade Hood Deflector - Body Colored

29K views 122 replies 43 participants last post by  myBostonRidgeline 
#1 ·
Thank you Pizza Man (jsant01)! I ordered a Wade hood deflector and had it painted Steel Blue to match my RL. The deflector was about $75 with freight and the paint shop charged $50 to paint the factory color on the backside of the deflector. It took all of 20 minutes to install and I think it came out great.:D

Attachments

See less See more
#122 · (Edited)
Thank you very much.

Yours is the same situation I am having with mine. Honestly,the shape/molding is terrible. It is not consistant at all from one side to the other.

To be honest, I wouldnt recommend this product to anyone. I have had 40+ vehicles in 28 years of life, 12 of which i have been driving. I have spent over $100,000 in modification and aftermarket accessories. This Wade bugshield is probably the poorest design I have had with any aftermarket part. I have had other Wade products that werent as bad, but this one is terrible. It also rubs the paint near the headlights. Its a mess and I wouldnt buy it. Sorry to rain on everyones parade. However, i read this thread, was super excited to find a clear deflector, and now I have $100+ in a POS worthless part.

To future buyers, save your money, or spend more and get a quality bug shield. Otherwise you will have a oversized hockey stick for a 5 year old.

I also tried contacting Wade without success. Never responded to emails either. I honestly could care less about the $100 i lost. But a little customer service would have been nice. Maybe even a response?

Ok, I think I am done venting for now. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.