Honda V6 Rear Main Seal Leak Solution - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
OwnerCS
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Honda V6 Rear Main Seal Leak Solution

My second Honda V6 OEM rear main seal is requires replacement after approximately 65,000 miles. The first real main seal failed at approximately 65,000 miles. For this replacement, I aim to use a higher quality seal than the ones used by the Honda dealer. For cars that I run at SCCA AutoX racing events, I've received excellent service from oil seals made by a company named Federal-Mogul under the National Brand.

Note: I am a loyal Mobil One synthetic oil user. I do not see a reason to change my oil brand or to use an additive when two Honda V6 OEM seals have failed at approximately the same mileage.

The Good News

A new Federal-Mogul National brand rear main oil seal can be purchased from our sponsor Rock Auto for $13.45.

As you can see at Rock Auto site, the National oil seal cost a few dollars more than other brands, but in my opinion they are well worth the additional cost.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4006029

National Oil Seals by Federal-Mogul feature the following:

-> A proprietary RediCoat sealant to eliminate bore leakage.
-> Patented lay-down sealing lip design ensures long life in spite of extreme temperatures, shaft imperfections, shaft/bore misalignment and excessive shaft thrust or movement.

http://aftermarket.federalmogul.com/...2#.UrONNltDuyY

I plan to get my local Infiniti master tech to do the replacement. He goes out of his way to use the best parts available for repairs at his shop.

Visit My Personal PhotoBucket Page Link
OwnerCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
northernlights
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Honda V6 Rear Main Seal Leak Solution

How unfortunate. Don't like this seal stuff showing up lately. Good luck with fix and all will be fine. And have a Merry Christmas.
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.