Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Silver OEM Side Steps Installed on Silver RL!!

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Da Ridge 
#1 · (Edited)
Received my silver Honda side steps from H&A today (perfect since I have the day off) so I promptly installed them. These steps truly are an outstanding compliment to the Ridge. I have attached pix below so you can have a look.

A few observations regarding the install:
I made my rivet nut tool as is documented in Mike Kennedy's post with the only exception that I used 3 small washers between the nut and rivet nut for rotation isolation. I figured that while I needed the compression of the two nuts being pulled together, while rotating the nut I needed the rivet nut to NOT rotate. This cheap simple tool worked very quickly and flawlessly (thanks Mike). Resting the ratchet handle against the under side of the truck (so the bolt won't rotate) while cranking the nut with a long handled wrench was the ticket!

Another thing that made this install quick and easy was a cheap socket attachment that fit in my cordless drill. There are LOTS of bolts and though they aren't TOO long, the drill threaded them in at a small fraction of the time it would have taken manually (not to mention carpel tunnel avoidance). I set the chuck a few clicks back so it would ratchet instead of over-tightening, right Da Ridge?

The pix show all my exterior self-installs; rear mud flaps, grill, fogs and now side steps.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah jch, These units look like they mount close to the lower rocker panel and there seems to be less of a gap between the bottom of the truck and the bars. Very nice looking photos too.

#3 ·
Those silver steps look great on your silver RL! I had the hardest time deciding between the silver or chrome. I thought the chrome might be a little too much...but now that they're on...I think they look good. I think you can't go wrong with either choice!

By the way...thanks for reminding me about that whole overtightening fiasco!!!:D

#11 ·
Looks like I have a sibling in Hawaii! check out the my space slide show.

#4 ·
Speaking of chrome...don't mean to hijack your thread...but I gave the Ridge a nice bath today, along with a couple of coats of NXT. I thought it would be good to post my pics here too...so anybody else thinking of getting these steps on a Silver RL can make an easy comparison between the silver or chrome. Like I said...you can't go wrong with either.

Attachments

#8 ·
S5 Dude - You are correct. there is very little space between the bars and body. I'm not a big fan of the bars that stick out too far. These are perfect for my taste.

Da Ridge - over-tightening; It was just a kind poke. We all learned from your experience NOT to do that. Steps; Chrome, gray and black all seem to look good on the silver Ridge. I guess if you start with the perfect Ridge color (back me on this one jc) any accessory will look good! Your truck looks great with chrome!

asturtex - Glad you like the accessories. Copy away. We are all learning from each other what we individually like and dislike by posting the pix of the goods installed. Don't forget, after you price at your dealer, you may want to check with H&A, a sponsor here with sweet deals.

Next up...wade deflector in clear, painted body color, thanks pizza dude (jsant01)!

#10 ·
The steps are original Honda equipment. Based on an earlier post, the steps were purchased from H&A. If you search the threads, you should find several links to H&A's website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.