Pics of the jack points - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 09-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #1
Truckin'
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Pics of the jack points

The thread about the jack being too short got me thinking about the possibility of having to change a flat, especially since we replaced the baby spare with a full size tire. When we had the truck into the dealer on Friday I had them put up on the rack so I could take some photos of the undercarriage and I asked the tech to point out where we set the jack. He looked in the manual to make sure he got it right and then pointed out the front and back welds.

The best way to find their location before you get down on your knees is to follow the front line of the front door and the back line of the back door. If you point down on those lines you're going to be very close to seeing them.

With running boards on you have to look up from underneath it or feel for the back on. The front one is about 3/4s visible, just between the back of the splash guards and the front edge of the running board.

I'm posting front weld photos here. 1st has the running board partly hiding the back part of the weld. 2nd is looking at it from underneath. The 3rd is from a BLUE on the lot that didn't have the running boards and it's also from the passenger door's side. 4th is a more close up photo of the same weld from a lower angle looking up at it.
Attached Images

'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!

Last edited by Truckin'; 09-11-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Truckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Pics of the jack points

Here are the back tire welds. They look a bit different from the front welds. On the front it's quite clear that the weld area is a thicker fold of metal. On the back the welds are a wavy attachment between two distinct notches.

I tried photographing them on the black truck but you couldn't tell what I was trying to show you. Besides, I'm partial to the BLUE, but no one knows that by now, do they?

1st is the back passenger side of the BLUE with no running boards. 2nd is the back of our truck looking up from the running board area. 3rd is the wavy metal of the welded area.
Attached Images

'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
LATEOTT
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Nice job, Truckin' and great photos.

These are exactly the kinds of things we should know about before they are actually necessary.

This is a good reminder to all of us to periodically find our jacking points and tow points on bright sunny days, just to make them that much easier to find on dark rainy nights when we have to change a tire. Thanks again.
LATEOTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
MarkF
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Thanks, much appreciated

Build 06/05
MarkF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Andy-Montreal
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Truckin, tell us the truth. You just wanna show off to all of us how clean your truck's belly really is!!

Nice pics (as always) and thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Never been afraid to get her dirty and I'd rather show you how dirty she gets. My truck is the splattered one. The clean photos come from the BLUE RTX at the dealer.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
T Mac
ROC Founder, Admin

Send a message via ICQ to T Mac Send a message via AIM to T Mac Send a message via MSN to T Mac Send a message via Yahoo to T Mac

Yes, this is good information. I got stranded one night in the rain while it was dark and had to try to find the jack points under these conditions. Nice to know this up front. And while it may sound a bit extreme, it's not a bad idea to take the jack out once just to see how everything gets loose and ready to go. When you find yourself w/ a flat, the last thing you want to have to hassle with is getting the jack out, finding the jack points, etc.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
Skywalker
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Thanks for the info Pam!

So the question that comes to mind is, did you try using your jack at these correct jacking points and was there enough clearance to effectively remove the tire?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Nah, that sounds like work. I know we need to get it out and see what it looks like, but the weather's just turned nasty here and that won't be happening this weekend.

I'm just planning that any flats we have will be changed by our auto rescue service, not us. (Like you can plan for that, huh? Especially with the backroads we love to explore)
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
blueridgeman
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Thanks for the pics. I had just tried out the jack yesterday to make sure there's enough clearance to remove a full size tire. Your pictures came in handy. The jack worked - but it sure seems like a lot of work.
blueridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.