Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

“Emergency refueling funnel” thingy

8K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  DogOnBoard 
#1 ·
hi all. Anyone know where exactly this thing is? I can’t find it. I’ve looked everywhere…in the under bed trunk, glove box, under the trunk lid, AC plug side cubby, first aid kit, under seats, around the spare tire, everywhere. It’s got to be somewhere!
thanks!

Steering part Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
hi all. Anyone know where exactly this thing is? I can’t find it. I’ve looked everywhere…in the under bed trunk, glove box, under the trunk lid, AC plug side cubby, first aid kit, under seats, around the spare tire, everywhere. It’s got to be somewhere!
thanks!
Did you try looking it up in your Owner's Manual?
Automotive lighting Font Material property Parallel Motor vehicle

Bill

#18 ·
One thing that comes to mind is, "no gas, no squeegee." Maybe the dealership took his funnel, because he would not pay for any add-ons. ;)

#21 ·
Yes. All good suggestions that I already did! :)

side note…..another ROC’er just posted this:

#22 ·
OMG! Find out how much this funnel will cost. Let me know and I’ll send you a check to go buy on. In the mean time never let the gas gage go below 1/4 tank.

Wait. Are we talking an OEM funnel? If so, I probably can’t afford it. Never mind. Keep looking!!!

Gusto!

#24 ·
It seems to me if the dealership keeps the funnel in stock then the ball got dropped at the factory. Maybe the assembly line funnel installer ate some bad tacos the night before.😱🤷‍♂️

#33 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I guess some people don’t really read the posts :) Yes, I learned where the thing was supposed to be, but it wasn’t there. There’s a perfect foam cut out spot for it but the funnel was not there. The dealer got me one. Thank god I have this critical $45,000 part now!

Side note… The dealer actually suggested to keep it in your glove box or anywhere other than hidden there by the spare tire where I guess it can be a pain to unload stuff in the bed to get to it if needed.

#34 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I guess some people don’t really read the posts :) Yes, I learned where the thing was supposed to be, but it wasn’t there. There’s a perfect foam cut out spot for it but the funnel was not there. The dealer got me one. Thank god I have this critical $45,000 part now!

Side note… The dealer actually suggested to keep it in your glove box or anywhere other than hidden there by the spare tire where I guess it can be a pain to unload stuff in the bed to get to it if needed.
Yeah but ya gotta dig all that stuff outa the bed to get to the gas can in the trunk anyway!
(cross thread points)

#37 ·
There are several aftermarket funnels that will work just fine for adding gas to the RL. The neck of the funnel just needs to be the same outlet diameter (or very close) as the factory version, and at least as long. The funnel neck exterior must be completely smooth so that it will not snag any of the inner parts of the capless fuel filler neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.