Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

06 NAVI screen dead(still has backlight), also zero is one of the digits for security

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Myhdsport 
#1 ·
Hello Owners:
I have been reading about what things could have caused my NAVI to go blank:(are any possibly true)
1) I jump started a vehicle
2) my battery went dead
3) had an after market remote start installed
All of these occurred around the same time and I am not sure exactly when the first time was that my NAVI didn't have power.
I have cleaned the disc, reset the radio by disconnecting the battery. Upon powering up after disconnection, it asks for the radio code. THAT code makes sense-all the digits are one thru six and can be input by the radio buttons. My NAVI code has a zero in it...does a separate screen come up on my NAVI display? There is no ZERO on the radio presets for me to use to input the four digit NAVI code.
When the system is reset and codes are needed, which is first? Does it normally ask for the radio or NAVI first?
Thank you, it's a 2006 model, it doesn't have back up camera or the compass. It does have a 6 disc changer.
Any advice for narrowing down the issue or fixing this problem; DIY repair; will be greatly appreciated, as I cant afford a new unit from Alpine.
My Best,
michelle
**LOVE my Ridgeline btw, the color is the BEST: Amazon Green!:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I have original my owners manual but as I stated there is no opportunity to input the Navi code. The Navi screen doesn’t light up for me to enter the four digit code. It is backlit but there is no information screen, no digital keypad.
I described what I have recently done to my Ridgeline (aftermarket remote start) and I would like to know if anyone has any feed back regarding my specific issue.
Granted that if there’s something in the owners manual that I overlooked, do tell.
I can’t remember if I have ever input the Navi code but I have my dealership card with both numbers and there are two stickers inside the glove box with both of those two codes as well.
I was hoping somehow I somehow turned off the display and sound but I’ve also tried the reset combo as well(map/guide/cancel)...something like that. Anyway I would like some feedback on my issue if anyone has anything to offer for a navigation screen that isn’t completely dead - it is just not functioning.
And I AM going to download the owners manual as well. Who knows- maybe there is an update or a procedure I overlooked.
I will follow directions. Thank you.

#4 ·
It sounds like the display unit (touch screen) isn't getting a video signal from the navigation unit under the driver's seat. Are you able to eject and insert the navigation DVD from the navigation unit?

#5 ·
Are you able to take a picture of what you are talking about? As @zroger73 mentioned, it sounds like the video input to the nav is out. If you had taken things apart, disconnecting it and connecting it, may help confirm that connections are proper. Do check the fuses and grounds to ensure everything is proper.

#7 ·
It could be the video input; since the screen has a backlit appearance and the preinstalled “no drinks” logo; so it would seem that the screen is functioning
If I recall correctly some of the radio functions were available on the Navi screen but not since the gps stopped functioning. They’re on the radio screen.
I can not locate a fuse for the Navi. Please share your knowledge if there is a fuse I am missing.
im Not sure what picture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.