Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the heat/ac controls not working properly.
When cold seems ok after about 5 mins. the LCD selector screen starts flashing erratically and you can no longer change any zones or the a/c won't come on. i'm not sure if its related but the stereo's backlight has stopped working as well as the the heat fan switch light, selector, hazard button and i think any button or switch that has a light is not working.My question is is there on board diagnostics to run or do i just start taking the dash apart. If anyone has come across this and has some feedback i would greatly appreciate it. I do have an auto electric shop but we haven't been working on cars since 2000 we strictly do bench work only but i will work on my own stuff. I just want to know if there is anything to check or do before start taking it apart, it doesn't look like fun!!
Thx in advance.
p.s
This is my second post but i can't find my first one, i'm a real newbie at this so i don't no how to!!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,908 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the the great info. I haven't had a chance to run the diagnostics
yet i'm hoping to this weekend, I'll let you know the results.
I'm also having another problem that only shows up in the winter and is possibly related to the VSA system so i have been told; I have to bleed the brakes (right fr caliper only) about every six weeks as the pedal goes to the floor and and the ABS cuts in, when in a sudden stop situation i can't.I don't know how many times i had to use the emergency brake to stop. I was told it was the VSA module drawing air in during the self test when you start the engine and you have to plug a couple of small holes in the module but i couldn't find them. I'm not sold on this as it would occur all year round and this only happens when its -10 degrees Celsius, I'm in Canada, Winnipeg,MB. with my son pumping the brakes i can bleed the RT caliper in about two minutes and I'm good for six weeks so that's what iv'e been doing. Any thoughts on this one??
Thx in advance,
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts