Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 06 ridgeline RTS since January of 2011. It has about 115k miles on it and I just did a tune up and replaced the spark plugs, water pump, serpentine belt, and the timing belt and timing belt components. I had my mechanic look at the AC because it would only blow hot air out. I thought it just needed recharged but it turns out there was an o-ring that was leaking. he replaced that but when he went to turn on the A/C from the inside controls it the compressor wouldn't kick on. He put direct power to it and it worked fine. Does any know what the problem could be? i would like to avoid the dealership costs if i can but if not i will take it in. Just wanted to see if there was something that I or my mechanic could do.

Also, i have the stock 6 disc changer in there and it works fine except that it won't illuminate at night so i can see it at night. My brother has an 06 RT and we took his single disc stereo out and plugged the one plug in to mine and his illuminated just fine. are these problems related?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Compressor is limited by several inputs, but most common are overpressure or underpressure.

It also won't cut in if the computer thinks the temperature is too low inside the heater box (ie: -40F WINTER).

You've probably over-pressurized it.

SEARCH it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spoke with my mechanic and he said that they check the pressure and it was correct.

he thought it might be something that the dealership would have to reset??

any ideas?

·
Registered
637 Posts
No ideas, but there's dozens of existing threads that discuss 'compressor' and some have had problems with their 'relay'.

You didn't say whether the AC had ever worked, or failed recently....

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Try the air compressor relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts