Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm the proud owner of of 06 RTS and I've been replacing the sound system. So far, I've done the components in the front door and tweeters, the rear door speakers and the HU. I added an Alpine KTA-450U for the doors and a AOSHIKE TPA3116 the stock sub amp.

My question is, do you think that the OEM sub is also blown based on the stock door speakers being totally disintegrated from the years of hot Florida weather?

I'm likely just looking for a reason the properly upgrade the sub, just wanted to hear what you have to say before I tear it all apart.

·
Super Moderator
6,755 Posts
My Guess, is your dealing with 14 nearing 15 year old vehicle and it is most likely blown, especially if the AOSHIKE was pushing the OEM speaker hard. I know member @OhSix was driving his hard and San Diego has similar Hot and Humid weather, but he's not here often, and I haven't spoken to him lately. He had plans for an impressive Sub Replacement but I am unsure if he ever did it or has been side tracked by life.

Please post whenever you get in to it and let us know either way

·
Registered
739 Posts
Agree that based on what you found in the doors it's likely the sub surround is similarly degraded - not actually what most would call "blown" - just deteriorated from the ravages of time.

Site search will reveal threads where several folks have described their sub replacements in the OEM enclosure - sorry I don't have links handy but definitely recall reading about those in my surfing here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts