Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of this issue over the years where the climate control changes temperatures on its own and the temp control buttons start getting unresponsive. I thought I remember seeing a link for something that was rebuilding these for people. But I cannot find anything after combing through a number of posts.

Anyone know what or who I am talking about and can point me in the right direction?

Jake

Premium Member
Welcome to the ROC Jake. Hope you learn as much as the community has to offer.

My advice would be to skip all the rebuilding and just get the replacement controls from a salvage yard.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Jake not James.

That is good advice and that is where I figured I was headed. The controls still work good other than a couple of simple issues due to wear. Just kind of grinds my gears to toss them over that.

Jake

Premium Member
Yikes, apologize!!! Should have not been talking to a James while I was addressing you. I fixed it :)

Once you rip them out, its all transistors and solders on the pcb. Rather than tossing it, keep it as a spare and tinker with it. For me, that $30 or $40 it would cost, would keep my sanity in place. Just one more night that the wife does not get to eat out........ and that would not be the end :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
No sweat.......been called way worse.

That is probably what I will end up doing if I don't get any response about the re-builder.

Thank you for the response.

Jake

Registered
I ordered a replacement on ebay and held my breath that it was a functional unit. On the old unit, the driver's side temperature control dial was only functional when I would tap it or jiggle it. The replacement is easy. The trim just pops off and then your have to unplug about 8 or 9 wiring harnesses. The Control Unit screws to the back of the bezel. Had I known it was that easy I would have not put it off for so long. It's very nice to be able to change the temperature in the winter without having to push, pull, flick or jiggle the dial (summer it always stays on Lo so it wasn't as much as a nuisance then.) Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts