Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my oil yesterday and I noticed something that was disconnected , I checked the other side and it is the same. I'm not sure what they are or what they are for but I'm guessing they are part of the suspension.

What I would like to know is what they are and how critical are they to be fixed. Is this a common occurrence?

I have attached a picture to try and help explain what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,343 Posts
Those are your sway (also called stabilizer) bar end links. The sway bar helps to control body lean while turning. They should definitely be replaced but you can drive the vehicle briefly without them.

Honda uses a plastic jointed end link which doesn't need any lubing over its life span but they do seem to be a weak point failure wise in the Ridgeline suspension. There are plenty of threads on swaybar / end link topics so you can read up if you like.

Have new front sway bar endlinks put on along with new sway bar bushing (these are cheap parts.) The bushings can be replaced without lowering the front subframe (in spite of what the factory manual says to do.) The rear sway bar end links are the same plastic construction and fail regularly so have those inspected as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you EURBAN for the quick response and great explanation of my issue, I'll be looking into this further.

Rob

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Huh......I did not know that....

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was changing my oil yesterday and I noticed something that was disconnected , I checked the other side and it is the same. I'm not sure what they are or what they are for but I'm guessing they are part of the suspension.

What I would like to know is what they are and how critical are they to be fixed. Is this a common occurrence?

I have attached a picture to try and help explain what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help
Rob
The end links were changed to a more *robust* style in later years.

Make sure the dealer (shop) installs the newer style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts