Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Ridge has almost 100K miles, and makes a snap crackle pop clunk noise from passenger side front suspension it sounds like. BUT - you know there's ALWAYS a but - it only seems to do this noise thing when backing up and turning to the right, coming out of garage. Haven't had a chance to get under truck, sounds like struts/mounts maybe??? Would appreciate any and all comments etc on this from me fellow Ridge runners...all ye have a great day!

KKeppleRidge

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
Had the exact same issue the way you describe with my 2010. Was under warranty at the time. The only thing the dealer could come up with was to change the front strut that made the noise. They passed it as defective. Problem was solved. 4 wheel alignment was even covered. Strut had no leak. Dealer says they get the off one like that. They claimed at the time that some Odysseys had same issue. Not sure if it had a service bulletin.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Our crv did something somewhat the same. New front struts solved the problem. It had over 80k at the time. Otherwise, it may be a cv joint. Check the boots to make sure they aren't torn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had the same thing I had the struts replaced problem solved.Mine is an 06 with 138000 miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for all the replies...all pretty much confirmed what I'm suspecting...fellow Ridge runners have a great day!

KKeppleRidge

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Not knowing where you get your maintenance done, but strut replacement is an easy job for a local trusted tire store if you have one nearby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts