Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested the lock issue on mine and was able to set it to lock all doors at 9-10 mph, when put into park it unlocks only the drivers side door, my ? is this correct or is the complaint that not all 4 doors unlock when put into park

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
The complaint is on the inability to unlock all four doors in park. It appears you're stuck with it as the only reports I've seen of it working are on 9/05 build dates. We've learned to live with it and it's not an issue, but you sure could rattle the chain at your dealers and see if they can push a correction through for you. Apparently they can do it, they just don't want to.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the clarification on that I was somewhat confused until now, I will talk to the dealer and see what they say and let everyone know.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Meanie, what does your version of your owner's manual say? uIf this really bothers you, you should have more muscle to insist on it working as others with the 9/05s are getting it to work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My owners manual and quick reference flip book state that the driver's door will auto unlock. There is no mention of auto unlocking all the doors. It does not bother me. However, I have had two passengers who freaked out when they could not open their door. They had never been in a vehicle where the doors auto locked.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Just get used to hitting your hostage release button when you have passengers.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Truckin' said:
Just get used to hitting your hostage release button when you have passengers.
Now that a good one, Truckin! I've learned to hit the "Hostage Release Button" before I park so I don't get "The Look" from Cindy when she wants out.:) :p :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts