Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 Black Ridgeline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents, so i recently replaced my headlight bulbs to LED. They fit in the housing just like the stock bulb and have the driver integrated with the fan on the back of the bulb with OEM connector. Here is the issue, the lights work great but when i activate the turn signal either left or right, the turn signal freezes intermittently and getting worse. I understand the hyperflash issue when replacing the turn signal to LED but mine are stock element bulb. Will changing the relay to the 60$ one from Amazon fix my issue? My friend indicated i need to adjust the resistance but i have read some of the threads on here and the increased heat concerns me. Help???

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,415 Posts
I know several guys have replaced the stock bulbs with LEDs. Hopefully someone with some experience in that area will respond shortly.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Headlights being changed to LED SHOULD NOT have any effect on the blinkers. But it is electrical. Does unplugging the headlights stop the freezing issue? If so I am thinking they share a common ground somewhere and im thinking these may be "ebay" or "amazon" LEDs....which are very hit and miss in quality and could be causing a electrical issue/interference...

·
Registered
08 Black Ridgeline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you S.T.U.V. for the reply. Yes Amazon lights but they are specific for the Ridgeline. I put the old bulbs in and I still get a freeze/buzz sound. I stopped at my local parts store to pick up a new relay. Hopefully it is just the relay that is dead. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No lights are specific to the ridgeline. It is just a sales technique. But as long as it does the same with old bulbs in then you have ruled them out.

Do the hazards work fine?

Does the ridge even have a relay? Thought it was computer controlled. I could be wrong never had to do anything electrical on mine luckily. Maybe it is the flashing part that is controlled. Doesnt have a flasher.

You could swap relays to not waste money and see if it works. but if relay does not work I would pop in all new bulbs then go from there. Sometimes one bad bulb can cause a short and wig out the flash/resistance.

·
Registered
08 Black Ridgeline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flasher relay is under the driver side dash over the fuse box. I didn’t need to adapt the connector for the light so that’s why I said specific for Ridge. I’ll go with this and test to see if I can get it to stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts