Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok honda, if you can fix it in the 09/05 build date then why have you not released a TSB to the dealers so this can be fixed for everyone. I would like to point out if this vehicle was in an accident or was broke down at night on the interstate and was struc by a passing motorists, it could prevent someone from getting out of the vehicle and possibly saving a life. my build date is 8/05 30 days difference and it doesnt work either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Confused. Are you talking about the auto-unlock? If so, how does the lack of auto-unlock prevent someone from unlocking the door manually to get out?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
RIDGE PATROL said:
Ok honda, if you can fix it in the 09/05 build date then why have you not released a TSB to the dealers so this can be fixed for everyone. I would like to point out if this vehicle was in an accident or was broke down at night on the interstate and was struc by a passing motorists, it could prevent someone from getting out of the vehicle and possibly saving a life. my build date is 8/05 30 days difference and it doesnt work either.
I can understand perhaps your desire to get this fixed, it isn't a safety issue. If you were in an accident what is the likelihood that you would put the car into park? Also all the doors have manual switches to use. Locked doors are less likely to fly open in an accident. The reality is that it is more likely that you would open the doors manually anyway. You could also just stop the auto-lock function if you are really concerned about the doors being locked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts