Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ROCers!

my ridgeline suffered a tear on the freeway. the tread on the rear tire came flapping off and took a chunk out of the rear bumper cover. i am now looking for bumper covers and found one source i'd like to follow up with:
07 2007 Honda Ridgeline Bumper Cover - Body Mechanical & Trim - Action Crash, Front, Rear - PartsGeek

i also checked craigslist here in san diego and noticed an 09 bumper cover. does anyone know if it will fit directly to my 07 ridgeline? if so, it'll save me the cost in shipping.

i've already budgeted the cost of paint matching. i'll end up going to a body shop to get a few dings and paint patched. i'll include a picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't think that link goes to the correct one and he's wondering about the rear bumper which I don't think changed but I could be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Here's a few threads you may find Helpful

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/6-exterior/87257-i-need-new-rear-bumper-cover.html this thread has a link to '06-08 painted bumpers...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/6-exterior/93954-replace-rear-bumper-cover.html and that post relays you to this thread. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/6-exterior/45529-rear-bumper-cover-replacement-2007-a.html#post656848.

Looking at the damage makes me think preemptive tire replacement may be worth while. I'm about at 32k on 65k Michelins yet almost 5 years old...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've got a brand new 08 rear bumper cover, for my RL, in my storage shed still in the original plastic Honda bag. I've had it since early 09. What's it worth now days? I plan on buying a Gen II when they come available. It's too far to ship to Cali reasonably.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,432 Posts
... i also checked craigslist here in san diego and noticed an 09 bumper cover. does anyone know if it will fit directly to my 07 ridgeline? if so, it'll save me the cost in shipping. ...
With the introduction of the 2009 model year, the Ridgeline's rear-bumper changed significantly. Although a quick glance at the exterior does not reveal much, a close inspection of the bumpers will reveal quite a bit of differences between the 2006-2008 and the 2009-2014 model years. The big differences are how the rear-bumpers are constructed. The 2009-2014 rear-bumper has an integrated class III hitch while the 2006-2008 does not. This changes how the rear-bumpers were designed to absorb impacts as well as how they support weight. The 2006-2008 has a different lower structure which crumples more on impact while the later model bumper has a hardened-steel structure from its integrated hitch.

Picture1.jpg

Image showing the lower rear-bumper support structure of a 2006-2008 Ridgeline:

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
Nice one McChizzle. I never noticed that before. A picture is better than 1000 words!

·
Registered
73 Posts
FYI, someone made a small scratch on the mall parking lot and needed to repaint my rear bumper.

I already changed the front bumper to the newer style a few years ago, when I also fix a small scratch from parking lot.
It was a simple replacement, there was nothing difficult things.

So this time, I also wanted to change the rear bumper to the newer style and figured, I also needed to change the reinforcement bar inside of the bumper.
as well as the styrofoam support between the bumper cover and reinforcement bar.

I spent extra unexpected money for the reinforcement bar, however I got a trailer hitch, it was already attached to the reinforcement bar.

When I got this RL, there was no trailer hitch so I wanted to install the hitch to my RL however, I did not want to add much weight to very end of the truck so I didn't install it, but now I have the hitch now. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts