Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
‘09 RTL Bali Blue 147k and climbing
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, just wondering what anyone was doing on an 09 rtl w/nav stereo replacement. I just purchase my ridge and would like to add a carplay system but am not sure what would fill the opening of where the factory stereo is below the factory nav screen. I’ve replaced stereos before but have never run into the issue of having that extra space below where a double din unit would fit. Any photos of what you guys have done or seen would be great before I start in.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,374 Posts
First post here, just wondering what anyone was doing on an 09 rtl w/nav stereo replacement. I just purchase my ridge and would like to add a carplay system but am not sure what would fill the opening of where the factory stereo is below the factory nav screen. I’ve replaced stereos before but have never run into the issue of having that extra space below where a double din unit would fit. Any photos of what you guys have done or seen would be great before I start in.
If you do some searching you will find there is plenty of info on this subject. . .
The Navi Ridgelines like yours have the screen in the double DIN location and the radio below. ON the Non Navi Ridges, the radio is in the upper double DIN spot and there is a pocket with a door in the space below. All you need is the to either buy a new or used (EBAY for instance) pocket and you can then install a double DIN in the upper location. Here's a picture of a Non Navi GenI Ridgeline's stock radio with the pocket attached. SEARCH!
s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a double din on top and an extra pocket under it? That sounds simple enough and who doesn’t need some extra storage space! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,189 Posts
Also, double check if the hazard button from your Nav unit will fit the space in the pocket. Though they look rather similar, I am not 100% certain if it will fit. Getting one off ebay or a salvage yard may include that hazard switch.

Also, what do you plan on doing with the old Nav unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured on selling it. Either on here or eBay?? Not sure what I’m doing yet. No clue what they are even worth

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,189 Posts
Figured on selling it. Either on here or eBay?? Not sure what I’m doing yet. No clue what they are even worth
Depending on where you live, I may be interested in your old unit :) For the right price of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on where you live, I may be interested in your old unit :) For the right price of course.

Smuf, i just replaced the factory OEM Nav head unit if you are still interested let me know. I'm in Central PA but mail service runs nationwide (y)

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,189 Posts
Smuf, i just replaced the factory OEM Nav head unit if you are still interested let me know. I'm in Central PA but mail service runs nationwide (y)
Thanks for the offer. I am putting hold on spending on the truck for now, though I am itching to get it. If this can wait a month, I would be very interested in it. I am around zip 08540. Not sure how far you live from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer. I am putting hold on spending on the truck for now, though I am itching to get it. If this can wait a month, I would be very interested in it. I am around zip 08540. Not sure how far you live from there.
no problem I’m gonna list it on eBay if it doesn’t go I’ll be sure to let you know!

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
578 Posts
Just curious what your plan is. Did your head unit stop working?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,189 Posts
Just curious what your plan is. Did your head unit stop working?
I do not have a head unit; I have an 8" Lilliput touchscreen running an indash PC with W10 and Centrafuse. It has been fine for the last 9 years.
I was looking for this because it is not easy to put a 8" screen in a metra kit and figured I could use the nav unit to retrofit my touchscreen and use the buttons on the side for other functions; just a tinkering mind.

Curiosity got the best of me. @Myecol02 , how much are you wanting for it?

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
578 Posts
11 year old OEM head unit specific to a Ridgeline? The market for that is basically zero I'm guessing.
Edit:. I mean one lol!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,189 Posts
I would be interested in it for $40. Some of us tinker with things as it gives us a sense of accomplishment, lol. The market may still be around as there are many who want to keep the vehicle as stock as possible as long as possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts