Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the '06 for a year now and it has been rock solid.

So far I've changed the sound system, replaced the radiator to avoid SMOD issues and this last weekend I added Rain guards on my windows. For the price that has been a nice addition and I which I had done it sooner. With the driver window down they really cut down on the blast that comes in. I used to have to roll the rear window down as well but don't anymore.

I haven't done the TB or add the hitch I was thinking about. I might drive it 200 miles a month now where when I bought it I was putting over a thousand a month commuting. (I started working from home last May) so I've been putting that off.

I will need new tires soon. So here's to 1 year and hope for many more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks for sharing - I'd considered the window guards for prior vehicles but since I quit smoking 6 years ago, I haven't used the windows as often...

You might check out Amazon for your hitch - I found a Curt 13385 receiver for about $150 with free shipping and it installed very easily.
I also snagged the Hopkins wiring harness kit, which was just as easy to install - had the oem pigtail plugs, so no splicing required whatsoever. I would however recommend you use more substantial zip ties than the ones they give you (they're pretty flimsy).

When installing the hitch, I used a couple jackstands to prop the hitch up while I threaded the bolts in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool! I also purchased a 2006 RTS in May of 2016. I've put 11k miles on her so far. Replaced the tires with some new Michelin Defenders, and changed out the sound system too. I hope to get several years of use out of her.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm considering a 2006 rtl with 86k I'm glad to hear you guys are having good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts