Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10,000 lbs license plate

Went to the License branch today and the lady wanted to give me 10,000lbs plate for my RL, I just laughed and said a 7000lbs plate would be enough. Any idea what you could haul in our little RL that would require a plate that big?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I checked on Mini Coopers and VW Beetles they still wouldn't weigh enough and are 15" too wide

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bet that 7,000 pound plate makes the truck ride much softer. It must effect gas milage. Are you not affraid of voiding your warranty?

What kind of hardware did you use to hold it on, is there two 3500 lb plates for front and rear or just one 7000 lb one?

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy those guys in California are real comedians I'm glad I'm on the east coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about misleading everyone, in Indiana there are numerous weight plates you may get, the RL calls for a 10,000 lbs plate but I would never haul anything that heavy.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
1sthonda said:
Sorry about misleading everyone, in Indiana there are numerous weight plates you may get, the RL calls for a 10,000 lbs plate but I would never haul anything that heavy.
I realized that's what you meant...once I got over the initial shock and thought about it a sec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Wisconsin I got the smallest rated truck plate. The same as a ranger or s-10.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: 10,000 lbs license plate

1sthonda said:
Went to the License branch today and the lady wanted to give me 10,000lbs plate for my RL, I just laughed and said a 7000lbs plate would be enough. Any idea what you could haul in our little RL that would require a plate that big?

MY EX- WIFE !:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
1sthonda said:
In Cali, it's known as a commercial plate. Depending on what you are hauling there will be other endorsments you will have to possess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts