1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/10-most-american-made-cars-1404166628-slideshow/

Look who made #9 on the list. :act018:

Perhaps more importantly, look who didn't make the list... at all. Dodge, Chevy, or GMC trucks. Only Ford F150 and Toyota Tundra trucks made that list.

Of course the Ridgeline comment section is populated by the usual ill-informed ignorant types, but it does provide entertainment:
-Pilot Chassis
-1000 lb load
-etc.

Reactions: DOB

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interesting, Ridgeline is more made in USA than Ram or Chevy.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/10-most-american-made-cars-1404166628-slideshow/

Look who made #9 on the list. :act018:

Perhaps more importantly, look who didn't make the list... at all. Dodge, Chevy, or GMC trucks. Only Ford F150 and Toyota Tundra trucks made that list.

Of course the Ridgeline comment section is populated by the usual ill-informed ignorant types, but it does provide entertainment:
-Pilot Chassis
-1000 lb load
-etc.
Good to know I have 2 of the 10; RL and CT.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So where are all these domestic cars being made?
Remember the presidential candidate that said something about a great sucking sound ?

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
-Pilot Chassis
-1000 lb load
-etc.
Hot weather, the parasites are rampant.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is the 2020 top ten list of vehicles that qualify as "American-made" from Cars.com:
1. Ford Ranger - Wayne, Mich.
2. Jeep Cherokee - Belvidere, Ill.
3. Tesla Model S - Fremont, Calif.
4. Tesla Model 3 - Fremont, Calif.
5. Honda Odyssey - Lincoln, Ala.
6. Honda Ridgeline - Lincoln, Ala.
7. Honda Passport - Lincoln, Ala.
8. Chevrolet Corvette - Bowling Green, Ky.
9. Tesla Model X - Fremont, Calif.
10. Chevrolet Colorado - Wentzville, Mo.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
I couldn't help but notice that the majority of that list is populated with models that have scored poorly in Consumer Reports reliablity surveys. Coincidence?
I don't think so. I'd pay an extra $10k for a Ridgeline "Made in Japan", as long as it was LHD! Dang Chicken Tax keeps hosing us....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I couldn't help but notice that the majority of that list is populated with models that have scored poorly in Consumer Reports reliablity surveys. Coincidence?
Consumer reports has always scored Japanese cars higher in reliability (and rightfully so). My own experience is that Asian made are higher reliability, followed by European made, then lastly American made. However, my six months with the Ridgeline have been trouble free, although very little driving in three of those months. Knock on wood...I still like it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
However, my six months with the Ridgeline have been trouble free, although very little driving in three of those months. Knock on wood...I still like it.
..........................and over a year here! To go along with this thread, in 2017, the Ridgeline was declared the most American made pickup!

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
..........................and over a year here! To go along with this thread, in 2017, the Ridgeline was declared the most American made pickup!

Bill

It was also "Most American Truck" in 2018 and 2019. However, some.would say the F150 was most American as based on the Kogod report, which favors country of origin of headquarters, and tends to ignore economies of scale driven by domestic manufacturing, as well as the fact that these are publicly-traded companies, thus offering you as much opportunity to invest in American, Japanese, European or South Korean.... but that's another story.

I believe Japanese mfrs have a very close relationship with their suppliers, and probably own many of them. What it boils down to is better quality control from the suppliers and throughout the supply chain. I think certain legalities and other issues prevent that from happening in the U.S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts