·
Registered
233 Posts
Holy Hundred K!?!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@brentjs121, you might be the first one to reach that milestone in a G2. Congratulations. Have you had any major problems with the Ridgeline?
I have only had self inflicted problems. One was a cheap phone charger cable from a convenience store and the other was a deep rain fall that caused a transmission pressure switch to get saturated. Between those 2 issues, it was about $450 total. Other than that, trouble free. I do the regular maintenance at the Stealership. I joke, but they are fair with their prices.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoah, you gotta chemical toilet in that thing? That's a lot of drivin'.
I've only done 2 long trips, one to Atlanta from Dallas and a longer trip to Pittsburgh from Dallas. My commute is roughly 73 miles round trip, plus mileage for taking service calls, etc. I'm a field technician so that's where a lot of the miles came from.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy Hundred K!?!
The only thing I'm concerned about is the timing belt. I think it's supposed to be done at 105K. Only thing, they're talking $2500. That is insane. They tell me it's the belt, water pump, spark plugs, etc.The price seems extremely high. I might have to shop around.

·
Registered
184 Posts
$2500 for timing belt replacement is a total rip-off! I can understand around $1k+/- but $2500 is insane. Find another dealer, or better yet a reputable indy mechanic who knows Hondas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What year, model, and drivetrain have you? I've got a little over 10% of your mileage on my '19-E. I tend to drive 'em until the wheels fall off. Still have my '96 Ram1500 and '06 xB, both with about 240k.
Congrats on 100k with minimal troubles...... coming into this forum you'd think every drive begins with a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$2500 for timing belt replacement is a total rip-off! I can understand around $1k+/- but $2500 is insane. Find another dealer, or better yet a reputable indy mechanic who knows Hondas.
Definitely a ripoff. Any one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with recommendations, please let me know. No damn way I'm paying that much money,

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year, model, and drivetrain have you? I've got a little over 10% of your mileage on my '19-E. I tend to drive 'em until the wheels fall off. Still have my '96 Ram1500 and '06 xB, both with about 240k.
Congrats on 100k with minimal troubles...... coming into this forum you'd think every drive begins with a trip to the dealer.
I have a 2017 Black Edition with AWD. Yeah, you would think every Ridgeline is a lemon if you look at all the posts, LOL. This is my 3rd Ridgeline. The 2007 RTL and 2012 RTL were both trouble-free. They both had 1 recall, but other than that, not one single repair issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts