Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just turned the dreaded 105k miles and the lovely b4 maintenance came up. What has everyone seen lately for cost? My dealer is at about $1,050 and there is a $150 online coupon. They will price match any Honda / Acura dealer across the country if I can get a quote. Any info would be much apprecuated.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I just turned the dreaded 105k miles and the lovely b4 maintenance came up. What has everyone seen lately for cost? My dealer is at about $1,050 and there is a $150 online coupon. They will price match any Honda / Acura dealer across the country if I can get a quote. Any info would be much apprecuated.
Lowest reports seem to be between $450 & $600. There was a very recent thread (search for it) that referenced a dealer coupon that was in the "best ever seen" category. Many here seemed to think that many dealer will match that... I can't say I'm confident in that prospect, but it can't hurt to try.
Otherwise, it's not unusual to see reports in the $700-$850 range as a decent price. I would certainly shop around if I were you.... that's a fairly stiff price your paying.... but on the other hand, we've seen some reports in the $1250 & up range.... so you've just got to shop for what's achievable in your area. Don't overlook a good independent shop if you're dealer is going to cost you several hindered dollars more. This is pretty conventional stuff..... but if you use an independent shop, I'd consider getting the parts on line yourself, and just shop the labor from your local shop. You can get VERY good deals on OEM sourced kits on Amazon & elsewhere. Be sure to get the OEM manufactured parts however.... others might be OK, but why take a chance. There are plenty (maybe too many?) of posts here with a delineation of parts & kits of materials for this job. I think I may have even posted my list/source when I did mine way back when. If all that is more than you want to do, then just shop around, but make sure to get the right parts.... you don't really want to get a cheaper price from an independent if he's going to put inferior materials in your truck.
Bottom line, a good price can be had, but it might take some effort on your part. Good luck shopping/saving!

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,494 Posts
Anderson Honda, just north of Baltimore has a special for $580 including all the regular materials AND REPLACING the TB TENSIONER. Here's the link:
http://www.andersonhonda.net/Specials/auto-service?siteMapItemName=2959701391623129594

You might also want to consider doing the serpentine tensioner as well but it is a fairly pricey part.

I received a quote from them for roughly$1100 (tax included) to do the TB/WP, valve adjustment and spark plugs. The valve adjustment and sparkplug part of the the service was labor only as I already have the gaskets and plugs.

PS: Moto Mike's link has a coupon from Anderson for what appears to be an additional $100 off the online service special. Now I really have to make the time to take my truck up there . . .Still on the fence about the having them (rather than DIY) do the clearances and plugs. If I can just find a day off that is above 50 degrees . . . .

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I got mine done at Anderson. I paid $503 tensioner and all. That was their $389 coupon. Looks like they upped it $100 but still a steal.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
$503 is a great price, got mine done here in florida came out to $540.
What dealer, might be worth my drive there as I have relatives and could kill 2 birds with one stone ........

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timing belt, tensioner, cerpantine , tensioner, water pump, spark plugs, valve adjustment, oil change, tire rotation, air filter, cabin filter, wash and vacuum for $1,350. I also have the $200 service credit for the referral. Not the best price, but [knock on wood] I have not had any major issues over the past 7.5 years.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks eurban, for the Anderson link. Saved me several hundred.

Oh...and all of this from my local Acura dealer, so, a new MDX for the loaner car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts