Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maxim magazine voted The Ridgeline truck of the year, I think it might have been an error on there part when they said the Ridgelines top speed is 110 MPH
IS THIS TRUE???? I havent tried it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Just where would you try such a thing? I haven't a clue and this is something we won't be finding out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I haven't pushed it to the max but I believe I was around 90 on my last trip back from Illinois.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Somewhere on this forum, it's stated that the top speed is electronically limited to 113 mph, which is the maximum speed rating of the tires. Way fast enough for me. If I want to drive fast, that's what race tracks are for.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
chrissalvatore said:
Maxim magazine voted The Ridgeline truck of the year, I think it might have been an error on there part when they said the Ridgelines top speed is 110 MPH
Like all vehicles, limited based on tire rating.;) You win WW. Used to be a guy on here who claimed to have seen 130MPH. Oran was his name, and BS was his game.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
chrissalvatore said:
I have had my truck to 105. It was a thrill ride and I wanted to take further but ran out of asphalt. It was an isolated road. I would'nt risk a ticket otherwise. Someone here had gone up to 118. And I think he said it was governed to that speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the ridgelines top speed is 110 and it sucks. there have been several times when running from dps that i have needed to go faster. still no tickets. i normally dip off at the next exit and lay low.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As is, the top speed is 110mph. I have maxed it out several times and never get more than 110. It does ride nicely at 110 but doesn't get the best mileage:rolleyes: Can't remember what the RPM's are at 110 although I may have posted this before???

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
DoctorJ said:
Where is vertkr? He is the one with the high-speed pic.
Hehe, my avitar is a fake :D Indeed the top speed is governed to 112 mph because of the OEM tire 'S' speed rating. 112 mph is going to vary a digit or so from truck to truck in real world applications because of calibration error and so forth.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Given how kicking the brakes are on the RL, I wonder what a 100mph-0 stopping distance is. Don't anyone try to find out, because stuff happens WAY TO FAST at those speeds... I don't want to encourage anyone to violate any laws, either, just idle speculation.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The top speed is restricted to below 120 yet they designed the speedometer for speeds up to 140, which makes no sense.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The top speed is restricted to below 120 yet they designed the speedometer for speeds up to 140, which makes no sense.
Speedometers are also usually designed so the normal highway speed are at the top of the dial.

·
Registered
307 Posts
DoctorJ said:
It would make sense with more street oriented tires, Z rated or better.
...AND it could actually go faster than 120, which apparently it can't without some sort of engine or software mod.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
let us know how that goes.. 110 that is. around here, no where to experiment, I got one ticket, that I should have went to traffic school, but was time prohibited, now I've paid $$$$ in insurance costs. hmmm can we give gas companies a fine for rising prices to fast:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I regularly do 120-130.....

in my S2000 at Texas World Speedway's 2.9 mile road course.

I can't understand why anyone would want to do 120 on the street. The margin of error is SO small and SO short in time... even in a controlled environment like the race track, it's hard enough to do. On the street, one would just be asking for trouble.

But all that asides... this is a truck. So why go faster? If we were discussing a viper or an nsx, I might be able to understand the desire, but then I point to above.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wasnt going to try it, I just wanted to ask cause I thought 110 was a little slow, seeing that the speedometer says 140. Plus I wanted to see if MAXIM mag was right or wrong.
Thank you all for your input, and your experience's . I myself will leave that to the Car and Driver testers.

Thanks all
Chris

1 - 20 of 85 Posts