Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently plugged a power converter into my cigaretter lighter sockets and seemed to have blown the fuse in the adaptor as well as my cigarette lighter fuse. Can someone please tell me which fuse it is. Im assuming it is in the fuse panel by the driver's left foot. Not sure what they call the cigarette lighter sockets though. Both are not functioning. Please and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There's a single 15 amp fuse for the front ones, I seem to recall it's in the first fuse box under the hood on the passenger side. There's a 10 amp one for the rear console socket, that one is in the kick panel. I don't remember the number offhand, but they must be in the owner's manual because I had to replace mine in a shopping mall parking lot, and I wouldn't have had other information with me.

KeS

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Same thing happened to me recently when plugging in a small compressor. In addition to taking out the outlet fuses it also took out one of the fuses that works some of the lights on the trailer hitch. If you have a hitch and tow anything you might want to check those out too. That's a 7.5amp fuse and it's under the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI for 2008 model it's a 15 A located in a smaller separate fuse box under the hood next to the air filter.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,579 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know what the fuse would be labeled as for a 2010? I have the same issue but after checking #32 in the drivers side fuse panel issue still persists.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think I know the answer to this but am too lazy to sift through google to confirm would using a 30 amp fuse in a 15 amp spot help prevent it from blowing?

If you had posted that diagram 2 years earlier you would have saved me a whole heap of trouble!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think I know the answer to this but am too lazy to sift through google to confirm would using a 30 amp fuse in a 15 amp spot help prevent it from blowing?
Sure will and risk burning the truck up too.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,579 Posts

If you had posted that diagram 2 years earlier you would have saved me a whole heap of trouble!
Cough... Owner's Manual... cough... page 293-296 or so... cough cough. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts