Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ridgeline. One of the two front outlets is not working. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I have a 2013 Ridgeline. One of the two front outlets is not working. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Both ports are protected by the same fuse, so if one port works & the other not, the most likely source of trouble is mechanical (inside the socket itself) or the connector on the back side.

Provided no one has messed with stuff behind the dash, its REALLY hard to imagine EITHER of those things happening during normal use. Connection @ backside is one tight mother-effer and the inside is... well, pretty much bullet proof consisting of a nub and a tube.

Behind the console, the black plug seen in upper image is a very tight compression fit over the male pins protruding from the black socket seen in the lower image. Nearly impossible for the pair to decouple and equally difficult for the socket itself to go "bad". Again, unless someone made a boo-boo during "service" in that area.

Socket.jpg

How did you determine one socket isn't working? Simple as moving a working accessory from one socket to the other?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I agree that it's probably a loose connection behind the panel. But the chances of that are pretty low as they're a tight fit. Can't hurt to look.

Also - if you use a voltmeter to measure this, be very careful to not let the probe slip and short-out. It's probably worth the effort to wrap electrical tape around the probe but for the last 1 mm.

Chip H.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts