Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I searched but didn't find exactly the same situation, so here goes...
I have a 13 RTL without navi or bluetooth, and my phone is an iPhone 5s. Bought the truck used, so I have what I have. I'd like to be able to do a couple of things:
1) Make/take calls by bluetooth through the radio, and preferably with good sound both for me and the other party on the call.
2) Sync the music from my phone and play it without endless screwing around with playlists as I've seen in some integrations. A definite plus would be if I were able to go Siri-style on music selection and tell it something like "play John Hiatt"

Already have a backup camera in the truck, so I don't need that. Don't need or want to be able to view movies. My hearing sucks, so sound quality is not overwhelmingly important. It would be nice if it didn't look like Frankenstein got hold of my truck in terms of visual appearance, but whatever. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I solved my similar problem by upgrading to a new Garmin GPS. For under $300, I got a 7 inch touch screen, lifetime updates, and full Bluetooth capability. Sound quality is not quite as good as my 12 grand Cherokee, but is very acceptable . And with a little bit of work ( and help here) I was able to snake wire under dash by window glass and get a really neat install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts