Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my wife two new Forester XTs and putting car payment money towards other things, I'm finally a Ridgeline newbie again.
Just picked up a 2020 RTL-E, Platinum White with black interior on the 23rd. The 2006 RT was re-homed to a retired gentlemen. It's going to be his "landscaping vehicle". A leisurely life of hauling shrubs and bags of mulch.
Still learning everything new about Ridgelines, which after 14 years is everything!
I'm sure I'll get used to the handling, but to my seat of the pants, the new version does not seem as "planted" going around corners especially if the road surface is not smooth. Might have some to do with the Firestone Destination tires which I was not a fan of on the old RL.
Can't wait to see what the 2034 models will look like

·
Registered
135 Posts
After buying my wife two new Forester XTs and putting car payment money towards other things, I'm finally a Ridgeline newbie again.
Just picked up a 2020 RTL-E, Platinum White with black interior on the 23rd. The 2006 RT was re-homed to a retired gentlemen. It's going to be his "landscaping vehicle". A leisurely life of hauling shrubs and bags of mulch.
Still learning everything new about Ridgelines, which after 14 years is everything!
I'm sure I'll get used to the handling, but to my seat of the pants, the new version does not seem as "planted" going around corners especially if the road surface is not smooth. Might have some to do with the Firestone Destination tires which I was not a fan of on the old RL.
Can't wait to see what the 2034 models will look like
Welcome @STL66RIDGE ! I believe someone did mention in another thread that changing out the tires made a world of difference on feeling planted and going over bumps/road imperfections. Myself came from a 2006 accord with probably blown shocks so I never noticed an issue :LOL:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I felt like the ride on our new one was pretty good from the first day, but after getting the air pressure corrected in all the tires, it got even better. All the tires were over-inflated by 5 to 7 pounds cold. it handles better now, to my mind, than our Ford Escape.

·
Super Moderator
5,559 Posts
Welcome, @STL66RIDGE. I second the notion, that the tires may be overinflated from the dealer/factory. Glad you got to upgrade the RL. Probably only because Subaru no longer produces the Forester XT, or she would have demanded a new one.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts