Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

People say they are becoming impossible to find, we got them in stock!

$9.99 - Shipped ANYWHERE in the US.
Brand New 15400-PLM-A01 Oil Filter
Genuine Honda, comes with OEM Crush Washer!

This is for the highly sought after Filtech 15400-PLM-A01 filter.
You will not receive the alternative a02 filters.
We are located in the northeast corner of PA if you're interested in local pick up.
$9.99 shipped.

**BULK PRICING AVAILABLE!!**
Paypal is best!
Message, respond here, or call / text 570-466-38Six9

Support your friendly Ridgeline Owner!

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Just get a Purolator PurOne and it's as good or better than the 15400-PLM-A01 (never, never, never use the 15400-PLM-002 as it's JUNK) . And use good oil and-P:< you'll be fine. With Honda it's a matter of the cheapest bidder. Never use Honda oil.

Just being HONEST. Use a synthetic with a true grade 4 base stock that is API certified and you'll do the best you can possibly do for your engine.

DO NOT BELIEVE IN EXTENDED DRAIN INTERVALS SUGGESTED BY A SNAKE OIL COMPANY. All oils no matter what brand get contaminated. Never, never, never exceed 10K miles no matter what the oil analysis says. Black Stone, etc. do great work but their primary business is heavy duty diesel engines. The tests costs as much as a good oil change.

Drop the macho crap and change your oil per the Maintenance Minder with a quality oil AND filter. There's nothing more your can do.

If you believe in the claims of a couple of snake oil companies you get what you deserve. All oil gets dirty. The oil can either hold the contaminants in suspension as designed or let them precipitate into sludge. BEWARE of any oil that looks clean after 5,000 miles and avoid it.

A quality oil filter and oil are the answer. NOT snake oil or filter. If it seems to be to good to be true IT IS. Honesty. Get rid of the testosterone to see how far you can go between oil changes. All you do is damage your engine. Those tests were designed for oil filtration systems far superior to what Honda offers.

Sometimes the TRUTH hurts.

Don't banter with me. I've done this for nearly 40 years. You can believe what you choose but that doesn't make it true. No matter what the brand, synthetic or dino, good oil gets dirty and needs to be changed. Bad oil says looking clean... that's because all the contamination has precipitated into SLUDGE.

The more detergents added reduce the lubrication properties oil was intended to have.

There is NO oil that can do everything. PERIOD. Use a good quality oil and filter and use the Maintenance Minder. You will save money and save your engine. I don't give a damn about your stories. The truth is the truth... it's just plain (simple) physics. There are no miracles no matter how much you want to be suckered into them. Sorry, but that's the HONEST truth.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just get a Purolator PurOne and it's as good or better than the 15400-PLM-A01 (never, never, never use the 15400-PLM-002 as it's JUNK) . And use good oil and-P:< you'll be fine. With Honda it's a matter of the cheapest bidder.
Joe, it seems that my Honda Dealership puts on A02 filters during the oil/filter changes. Do dealership stock both A01 and A02 filters?

No sure what oil they use, but I will check with my next visit. I normally do not use a dealership, but in this case, I know the service advisor and the only mechanic I use has been there for 17 years and is on his second Ridgeline. I prefer using only one place working on my vehicle, so there is no question on who did what. Yes, the dealership does charge more, but the advisor discounts enough to make the cost the same as going to other places.

Since I drive so few miles, I have my oil changed every eight months. My choice.

I am not in the position any longer to do my own work. Getting old does have its draw backs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just get a Purolator PurOne and it's as good or better than the 15400-PLM-A01 (never, never, never use the 15400-PLM-002 as it's JUNK) . And use good oil and-P:< you'll be fine. With Honda it's a matter of the cheapest bidder. Never use Honda oil.

Just being HONEST. Use a synthetic with a true grade 4 base stock that is API certified and you'll do the best you can possibly do for your engine.

DO NOT BELIEVE IN EXTENDED DRAIN INTERVALS SUGGESTED BY A SNAKE OIL COMPANY. All oils no matter what brand get contaminated. Never, never, never exceed 10K miles no matter what the oil analysis says. Black Stone, etc. do great work but their primary business is heavy duty diesel engines. The tests costs as much as a good oil change.

Drop the macho crap and change your oil per the Maintenance Minder with a quality oil AND filter. There's nothing more your can do.

If you believe in the claims of a couple of snake oil companies you get what you deserve. All oil gets dirty. The oil can either hold the contaminants in suspension as designed or let them precipitate into sludge. BEWARE of any oil that looks clean after 5,000 miles and avoid it.

A quality oil filter and oil are the answer. NOT snake oil or filter. If it seems to be to good to be true IT IS. Honesty. Get rid of the testosterone to see how far you can go between oil changes. All you do is damage your engine. Those tests were designed for oil filtration systems far superior to what Honda offers.

Sometimes the TRUTH hurts.

Don't banter with me. I've done this for nearly 40 years. You can believe what you choose but that doesn't make it true. No matter what the brand, synthetic or dino, good oil gets dirty and needs to be changed. Bad oil says looking clean... that's because all the contamination has precipitated into SLUDGE.

The more detergents added reduce the lubrication properties oil was intended to have.

There is NO oil that can do everything. PERIOD. Use a good quality oil and filter and use the Maintenance Minder. You will save money and save your engine. I don't give a damn about your stories. The truth is the truth... it's just plain (simple) physics. There are no miracles no matter how much you want to be suckered into them. Sorry, but that's the HONEST truth.
I'm not sure if maybe you took my post wrong? I'm not suggesting and sort of oil or filter, just offering to those who are still having trouble locating A01 filters that a lot of users including myself live by with ALL of our hondas. I run a small parts & accessories business in the northeast corner of PA and came across a decent stock and figured I'd share the wealth.

Here's our recent order on Mahle OC 707

Mahle OC 707 Oil Filter - Amalie Store

Works great in our CRVs, Accords, Ridgelines
I'm sure they do, this post is just simply to offer those looking for these specific filters only.

Joe, it seems that my Honda Dealership puts on A02 filters during the oil/filter changes. Do dealership stock both A01 and A02 filters?

No sure what oil they use, but I will check with my next visit. I normally do not use a dealership, but in this case, I know the service advisor and the only mechanic I use has been there for 17 years and is on his second Ridgeline. I prefer using only one place working on my vehicle, so there is no question on who did what. Yes, the dealership does charge more, but the advisor discounts enough to make the cost the same as going to other places.

Since I drive so few miles, I have my oil changed every eight months. My choice.

I am not in the position any longer to do my own work. Getting old does have its draw backs
Rich, the A01 filters are discontinued and replaced with the A02 filters for good. 90% of the dealerships are now using A02s on everything because the stock of A01s are gone (or in my case rare to find)

In 2006 I believe they were offered a lower bid from FRAM and switched from Filtec/Toyo Roki. Since then they changed the part number and the quality difference is in the picture above. Sure, the A02s work fine, they meet honda's standards but in my personal opinion oil changes are easily one of the most important thing to not cheap out on so I'll go out of my way to find the best quality OEM parts. A01 has been used on all of my vehicles and always will be until I can't find anymore.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
2010 RTL, 70,000 MILES. I use the S2000 filter. Little bigger and supposedly raises oil pressure. Don't have an oil pressure gauge on it, but taking ideas from local Honda performance friend. No issues yet. Drive 40 miles a day, (highway)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2010 RTL, 70,000 MILES. I use the S2000 filter. Little bigger and supposedly raises oil pressure. Don't have an oil pressure gauge on it, but taking ideas from local Honda performance friend. No issues yet. Drive 40 miles a day, (highway)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The s2000 filter is a bit smaller increase oil pressure in higher rpms. No effect on j series engines as the rpms is half of what the s2000 motors rev to.

I personally use HAMP for my k series modified honda. I will be posting those if anyone is interested in them as well.

They are the jdm honda aftermarket oil filters, better quality.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
I find the Purolator PureOne PL 14610 on Amazon for $6.49 with free shipping. Amazon also has the A01 on Prime for $31.32 for 5 filters. A toss-up from a cost perspective. I've ordered these before but find they come loose shipped and banging around in a box. No apparent damage.

I believe the OP is just offering a stock of A01 filters for sale if you're having trouble finding them.

I don't know about Honda discontinuing the A01. Is there any substance to that claim? I've seen claims that the A01 was discontinued back in 2003! And yet it still seems readily available.

Is there a "Better" oil filter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I find the Purolator PureOne PL 14610 on Amazon for $6.49 with free shipping. Amazon also has the A01 on Prime for $31.32 for 5 filters. A toss-up from a cost perspective. I've ordered these before but find they come loose shipped and banging around in a box. No apparent damage.

I believe the OP is just offering a stock of A01 filters for sale if you're having trouble finding them.

I don't know about Honda discontinuing the A01. Is there any substance to that claim? I've seen claims that the A01 was discontinued back in 2003! And yet it still seems readily available.

Is there a "Better" oil filter?
Yes, the A01s on amazon come in a loose box banging around. I've order from them and believe it or not it's almost a hit or miss because there are times I've gotten A02s and ended up having to do a return which is more of a hassle.

Yes I am just offering A01s to anyone specifically looking for them. Please keep in mind the price is PER FILTER and includes shipping to every US state and also includes a OEM Honda crush washer. I can work on price the more a person orders of course but if someone is just looking for one that's what I have up.

I've touched base with a few different reliable sources some say it started back in 2003, but definitely moved to A02s in 2006. Of course there are places here and there that have these A01s in stock just becoming harder & harder to find as they are used. Remember, when these oil filters were in production they probably have made a million units. (or somewhere close) so there will definitely be some here and there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard the quality of Honda filters has decreased significantly in the past years due to the maximizing profits/cheapest bidder scenario. Any empirical information on this from anyone? Bosch seems to have the highest ratings on any site I can find.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've heard the quality of Honda filters has decreased significantly in the past years due to the maximizing profits/cheapest bidder scenario. Any empirical information on this from anyone? Bosch seems to have the highest ratings on any site I can find.
Lots of cut-away images on here (ROC) showing A01 vs. A02.... so that's the "empirical" info on our RL filters. The older A01 was superior to the newer one (thus this thread). But I believe you'll also read that the ones that come from the factory are better than the A02 replacement part (or at least it used to be that way?).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, what you heard is correct. I've been told by a few reliable sources that back in 06 or earlier Toyo Roki (the ones that design the A01 filter & the JDM HAMP Filters that I also sell) lost their bid to FRAM. If you look in the pictures the A02 is identical to the FRAM filter.

Lots of cut-away images on here (ROC) showing A01 vs. A02.... so that's the "empirical" info on our RL filters. The older A01 was superior to the newer one (thus this thread). But I believe you'll also read that the ones that come from the factory are better than the A02 replacement part (or at least it used to be that way?).
Pretty much what he said, A01 Being the better OEM filter, then a Honda Aftermarket HAMP Filter would be best.

I sell all 3 style filters, the A01, HAMP Standard (Japan's A01 version) and the HAMP Short (Designed for Type-R & Type-S motors that need the extra oil pressure in high RPMs. These short filters give the engine +5 PSI of oil pressure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Based on Csimo/Joe comments in this thread, the Mahle is the original factory installed filter
Confusing that the filter it comes with from factory isn't something you can buy as a replacement. Every factory car I have seen comes with the standard A02 filter, used to be the A01 before they switched.

None the less it comes down to personal preference, I won't and haven't ran anything different in any of my 4 hondas in my family other than A01s. In the end you will choose whichever you prefer, but this post was more for the ones like myself that seek specific A01 filters because of the quality.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
While I think the A02 will likely filter adequately, it is a marginal filter due to construction, imo. I agree the A01 is much superior and for us OCD types, nothing less will do. ;)

My neighbor gave me an A02 the other day (left over stock from an old Accord he owned at one time). It will hit the trash can without ever being used.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While I think the A02 will likely filter adequately, it is a marginal filter due to construction, imo. I agree the A01 is much superior and for us OCD types, nothing less will do. ;)

My neighbor gave me an A02 the other day (left over stock from an old Accord he owned at one time). It will hit the trash can without ever being used.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts