Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will 235/65/16 wheels 0ff of a Honda Odyssey fit my 06 Ridge.
I cant believe how much trouble Im having trying to find a fair priced set of snows on rims.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,609 Posts
I don't know for sure. However I just recently read an article about the GenI Ridgeline being used in the Baja race event. They were unable to down size from 17" rims (more sidewall is better for serious off roading) due to braking parts interference. . .
My guess is that you are SOL with 16" rims.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,409 Posts
If you spend some time in the Tire & Wheel thread, you'll find all sorts of vehicles which use the 5 x 120mm pattern, including Pilot, Odyssey, MDX. Sometimes you'll find members selling wheels, others find them on Craigslist and Kijiji. Patience & Timing is Key. You may want to post WTB thread in the trading post

·
Registered
277 Posts
All i want know is if 16in rims will clear the calipers......
What year Odyssey? Many years of the Odyssey didn't use the same bolt pattern as the Ridgeline. I think the Rigeline was Honda's first vehicle to move to a 5x120mm bolt pattern. The Odyssey, Pilot, and MDX were all on 5x4.5" bolt patterns. The Ridgeline, in 2006, introduced the 5x120mm bolt pattern, and the Pilot moved to it in, I think, 2008. I think the MDX moved to it when it was revised for 2007. I'm not sure about the Odyssey.

Interestingly, the MDX is back to a 5x4.5" bolt pattern. I presume the new Pilot is as well. I also presume the new Ridgeline will be back on a 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

Even if a 16" wheel will clear the calipers, it's a moot point if it won't bolt up to the truck. I'd verify the bolt pattern on the wheels first, especially if it's a distance purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,409 Posts
What year Odyssey? Many years of the Odyssey didn't use the same bolt pattern as the Ridgeline. I think the Rigeline was Honda's first vehicle to move to a 5x120mm bolt pattern. The Odyssey, Pilot, and MDX were all on 5x4.5" bolt patterns. The Ridgeline, in 2006, introduced the 5x120mm bolt pattern, and the Pilot moved to it in, I think, 2008. I think the MDX moved to it when it was revised for 2007. I'm not sure about the Odyssey.

Interestingly, the MDX is back to a 5x4.5" bolt pattern. I presume the new Pilot is as well. I also presume the new Ridgeline will be back on a 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

Even if a 16" wheel will clear the calipers, it's a moot point if it won't bolt up to the truck. I'd verify the bolt pattern on the wheels first, especially if it's a distance purchase.
My Research for an unlrelated project is Ridgeline '06-'14, Pilot '09-'15, Odyssey '05-'12, MDX '07-'13 and ZDX '10-'13, I've recently seen BMW X-5 rims and Land Rover Discovery Rims posted on here.

I do agree that 16" will not fit.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Any luck with Craigslist? Dont know how the market is for used OEM rims in your area, but they come up pretty frequently in my neck of the woods. I paid $40 for 2 and gave one to a friend for a full size spare. I assume stock 17's are fine for you... just not finding them so looking for other options? I assume there are enough 17 inch snow tire options?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts