Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I traded in my 2017 Lunar Silver RTL-E for a 2019 Passport Touring in Obsidian Blue back in the fall of that year, mostly due to being able to fit a rear-facing car seat in the back. Fast forward 2.5 years, the car seat is now forward-facing, and on August 31st I put a deposit down on a 2022 RTL-E in White Diamond. My last update was that it was slated to be built in late October with a delivery date in late November. I'm hopeful that timeline sticks, but realistic about where things are in the world right now.

The Passport has been fantastic (obviously shares a lot in common with the Ridgeline) so my wife will be taking that over and we will be trading in her vehicle instead. Quite simply I need and want a pickup and am excited about the updates that came with the 2021 model year.

I'm a little mad about how much I had put into accessorizing my 17, but in an odd way also excited about doing it all over again on my 22. Looking forward to being more active on the forum again and I'll post pics as soon as I have it in the driveway.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
407 Posts
Welcome back to the RL. Glad to hear you're keeping the Passport. Now if I could only get my wife to agree to buy one... Passport that is! 😉

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will getting an Obsidian Blue 2022 RTL-E which is scheduled to be built during the same time period. This will be my first Ridgeline having owned a 2004 Toyota Tundra Stepside since January 2004. It’s time for more comfort & updated safety features. Perhaps our vehicles will be on the line together as my build date is October 24 - November 4. We currently have a 2020 Accord in the garage with the Tundra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saga update:
Called to find out that my RTL-E build was delayed a month and then, “oh yeah, by the way the color you wanted comes with these extra packages - or you can get this other color combination with just a small extra package.” I agreed, then called again a few weeks later only to be told it got delayed another month. Very poor communication from the dealership, and wasn’t exactly thrilled with the offer they made on my trade-in, so I went looking at other dealerships within driving distance. Long story short, found a dealership expecting the color combination I wanted with no packages to be built end of November/early December. They offered me a better trade so I took it and cancelled my deposit at the first dealership. Received weekly updates from my salesperson without asking, including today’s stating that it had been finished 10 days EARLIER than scheduled. No official ETA for delivery yet, but the Honda website just so happens to say there‘s an RTL-E in my color combination “in transit.” I was never thrilled with the way the first dealership treated me in terms of haggling, undervaluing my trade, extra work on my part for financing, and pressuring extras, especially given it would have been my 3rd vehicle purchased from them in 4 years. Seems like the new dealership may provide a happy ending.

·
Registered
73 Posts
CarnesBT. You live in Liverpool, NY I see. I'm in Utica. Yes at least a few Honda dealers in the 'cuse are. To bad you had a bad experience with the one you've dealt with before. Good luck with the new dealer. I choose a much different path for RL ownership. Purchased a rebuilt 2020RTL-E off evil-bay sight unseen. Feel I saved $10K over one not rebuilt. Couple small issue's but I wasn't excepting a perfect vehicle. Very happy so far. Came from 15+ yrs of 3 different, 4 door sedans, so a very different driving experience to say the least!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts