Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local paper just had an ad for an Amazon RTL for $1800 off. They are beginning to discount them more and more.
The dealer is Joyce Honda in NJ.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, they are not selling well around here at all. The original 2 that were on my dealers lot are still there. I think that ad is for real. In fact I looked at a green RTL at that dealer about 6 weeks ago and have driven by there and it was still there a week ago. I think it may be the same one as the ad. I got mine $1200 off on April 13....almost a month ago.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I was back at my dealer a week ago and they still have the silver RTL I test drove back the begining of March. Aside from mine, my salesman said they have only sold two. He thinks Honda stopped advertising the RL shortly after the Superbowl and that it is hurting sales.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
They still seems to be advertising here in Portland. I have seen 4 ads in the last 3 days. 2 on local channels and 2 on cable. All of them were between 7 - 10 PM as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the local dealer ads may be more of an indicator for you own area when shopping. I just saw and ad for a NY dealer that said they had 20 in stock...may be a lie, but I have not seen any but mine on the road.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The dealer here in Bradenton cannot keep them on the lot. He has one demo unit , the others coming in all leave within a day or 2.
I got a $400 discount and was amazed to get that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
maybearidge said:
My local paper just had an ad for an Amazon RTL for $1800 off. They are beginning to discount them more and more.
The dealer is Joyce Honda in NJ.
Thanks for the update. I am also in New Jersey - Bergen county. The Joyce Honda website lists at least three Amazon Green RTLs in stock (and a 4th RTL w/moonroof) so maybe the Ad's more legit than we think. Did you call them or go to the dealer and check them out? Which newspaper was the Ad in?

I know Paramus Honda here in Bergen has at least 24 (yes, Twenty Four) Ridgelines listed as in stock on their web site - an inventory that does not seem to change very much, only gets larger and larger. So the replies on this thread are encouraging to the point of realization that this truck is overpriced...and will come down to earth soon (at least that's my hope).

·
Registered
492 Posts
I hope the don't discount the truck to keep resale value up on them. That's why f150 aren't worth much after 3 yrs because you can buy a new one with 1/3 off the price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the $1800 off.... I just got $1450 + additional $1000 (more than any other offer for my trade) just last week. From what I've heard, the Tri-State (NY, NJ & CT) area is not selling many Ridgelines. Many of the dealers I have visited still have there original Ridgelines.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also believe the $1,800 off is legit. I got $1,500 off mine 2 weeks ago at which time my dealer had about 18 units in stock. I just saw an ad today in the paper advertising $29,995 for a RTL with a S/R. I agree that the Ridgeline does not appear to be selling well in the NY/NJ/CT area - I have yet to see one the road, other than my own.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got 1200 off at Madison Honda...I think you can do better there now. They play hardball but stick to it. Ask for Jacob. After I got my price, they were a pleasure to deal with...very professional and a well run dealership...so far :D

The first time I went to see one was at Joyce Honda. I walked up and said that I wanted to drive one. The salesman asked me if I wanted to buy one or just drive one. The was the last time I went to that place...jerks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts