Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The 2012 VP way up in Caraquet, NB has been sold.

There are two more RL's that I'm going to investigate:
2010 EX-L, Bali Blue, 110,000 km's (68 350 miles), way up in Caraquet, NB, 6hr drive one way. Last year asking $26,800.00, this year asking $24,800.00. I'm going to offer $16,000.00. The worst outcome is they say no, or we negotiate back and forth.

And the last RL is a 2010 VP, Bali Blue, 125,000 km's ( 77 671 miles), way up in Edmundston, NB, 7 1/2hr drive one way. Last year asking $18,500.00, this year $17,500.00.

I probably would have better luck negotiating with the VP, but if I don't try with the EX-L then I'll never know if I had a chance...if I don't get an answer before I go to bed, then I'll make an offer on the VP. How's that for a plan.

2pantingdogs1meltingcat
: ^ )

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Breaking news...

The owner of the 2010 EX-L told me what to do with my offer.

The owner of the 2010 VP told me I made a reasonable offer and will get back to me.

I know it's premature, but I can't help...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Way too premature to happy dance. The owner wants to let me know next week whether or not he'll sell it to me at $16k. The Mrs says he's pulling my leg, probably a bidding war going on. I don't remember someone taking this long to make a decision. I agree there's something going on that I don't see.
I'm not going to hold my breath and keep looking for other adverts.
Cheers,
2d1c

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Talked some more to the owner and have a better understanding of his situation. He's hoping to find a 2nd Gen and sell his RL at the same time. I'm not sure how easy that's going to be, especially if he's after a 2018 that hasn't begun to rust.
Time for a cold beverage.
2relaxeddogsandcat

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The dealership up in Moncton has a 2014 Ridgeline Sport model, 127,265 km's (78,078 miles), asking $19,573.00 Cdn (roughly $14,840.00 US). VMR Canada lists wholesale at $15,975.00 (roughly $12,110.00 US) and retail at $18,775.00 (roughly $14,240.00 US).
I asked for a CarFax report and read it a moment ago. The RL was sold at that dealership. Taken to the same dealership for regular maintenance.
Question. CarFax lists replacement of the sway bar links, stabilizer bar bushings, sway bar bushings, transmission mounts at 127, 698 km's. I'm not sure if I should be concerned, should I be concerned about those repairs at that mileage?
Thanks
2d1c

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,037 Posts
To be honest, if I had an EX-L (RTL) listed at $24k and someone offered me $16k, I'd not be so nice about it either. But hey... you tried.

As for the 14 Sport, it appears the dealership did all of those suspension bushings before putting it up for sale (looking at the mileage). Definitely seems a bit premature, but I don't think there's any reason for concern. It's something you wouldn't have to do in the future for a long time if at all. If you're able to pick up a '14 Sport with 78k miles for under $14kUS, you're doing quite well.

Reactions: 2dogs1cat

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
To be honest, if I had an EX-L (RTL) listed at $24k and someone offered me $16k, I'd not be so nice about it either. But hey... you tried.

As for the 14 Sport, it appears the dealership did all of those suspension bushings before putting it up for sale (looking at the mileage). Definitely seems a bit premature, but I don't think there's any reason for concern. It's something you wouldn't have to do in the future for a long time if at all. If you're able to pick up a '14 Sport with 78k miles for under $14kUS, you're doing quite well.
Thank you for your reply, I don't feel so uneasy now. I like to post what's going on because maybe there's something you see that I don't. My gut is telling me that there may not be a lot of room for negotiating. I won't know if I don't try ;)
I've asked the sales rep who do I contact at the dealership to find out if there's any rust under the truck. They replied that if it's in good shape do I want to drive up and have a look. I said sure, I would want to have a better look, and then I explained where I've been finding rust and the lack of undercoating on a lot of RL's. They haven't replied back, yet.

Interestingly, the Mrs is telling me I need to seriously look at replacing the car sooner rather than later. With the amount of money our Province has dished out because of Covid, she expects taxes to increase.
Time for an ice filled, cold glass of water.
2d1c

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
...They replied that if it's in good shape do I want to drive up and have a look. I said sure, I would want to have a better look, and then I explained where I've been finding rust and the lack of undercoating on a lot of RL's....
The sales rep replied, 'you're very knowledgeable'. I had a nice little chuckle when I read their reply.
Thank you ROC, thank you RL wiki person extraordinaire (McChizzle) and contributors, and RL owners. Without your knowledge, experience and willingness to answer posts, however silly my questions may be, I would be making poor decisions. Thank you for empowering me, and others, to make the best decisions we can with the knowledge and experience you have shared with us.
2gratefuldogsandcat

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The dealership up in Moncton has a 2014 Ridgeline Sport model, 127,265 km's (78,078 miles), asking $19,573.00 Cdn (roughly $14,840.00 US)...
I asked to whom do I contact to let me know if there's rust under the truck. The salesperson who I've been messaging said they'll have a look and send me photos. The photo was sent early this morning.
2014 Sport.jpg

I thanked them for their time and their willingness to be helpful rather than trying to convince me to make an appointment to come and check it out with a test drive. The salesperson saved me 5 hours of driving on the highway (I told them that too).
Watered the table top garden this morning, have to go, the Mrs wants to go out for breakfast. Catch you later.
2d1c

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,415 Posts
Is it possible to find a used Ridgeline without significant rust in the rust belt? I'm starting to think not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Is it possible to find a used Ridgeline without significant rust in the rust belt? I'm starting to think not.
They are rare and snapped up quickly. I'm continuing to watch for ads in Kijiji, FB and Autotrader. I've found a shop down in the Annapolis Valley that I would use to have a vehicle inspected, plus there's our local mechanic. I haven't found a shop up in Moncton yet.
Lately I've been in touch with the seller of the 2010 VP, 128,000 km (79, 535 miles) way up in Edmundston, New Brunswick. He's a technician that works at the Honda dealership and has pulled his ad off of Kijiji. He's looking for a 2018 Sport, White Diamond Pearl with less than 60,000 km's (37,282 miles). He wanted to know once he finds his 2Gen, if I would still be interested in his VP. I said, sure. Ok he says, I'll offer it to you first before I put it up for sale. Nice.
2d1c

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,037 Posts
In all honesty, the picture of the one you posted doesn't look too terribly bad. Most of it looks to be surface rust that certainly isn't too far gone. If you were to have an undercoating company do some scaling work to get rid of what's there, treat the rust-prone areas with inhibitors, and then coat everything, you would likely get many good years out of that truck. If you could work those tasks into the deal or have the dealership discount for the price of the service, it may be worth considering. That is, if the VP doesn't work out for some reason.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts