Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 rts.

There is an XM/AUX button on the radio but no aux input anywhere on the radio, even behind the dash.

I found this on ebay. Per a post that I found on ROC that suggested readers go to ebay and search "Ridgeline Aux input".

Has anyone tried this or does anyone know if it works or not. I like that this option is only $30-$40 which is a lot better than the $100+ options I've read up on on ROC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2008 rts.

There is an XM/AUX button on the radio but no aux input anywhere on the radio, even behind the dash.

I found this on ebay. Per a post that I found on ROC that suggested readers go to ebay and search "Ridgeline Aux input".

Has anyone tried this or does anyone know if it works or not. I like that this option is only $30-$40 which is a lot better than the $100+ options I've read up on on ROC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a first generation Bluetooth adapter for sale that attaches behind the radio to the harness that allows for Bluetooth calls and received calls and also permits the Bluetooth phone connection for music. if interested private message me

·
Registered
250 Posts
For the effort of taking the dash apart. Just get a HU with CarPlay/Android Auto. I just installed an Atoto F7 and it’s been fantastic. Cost was <$200 plus the harness adapter and bezel kit. I did the fm modulator, then the aux Jack through the changer input, then a double din with android OS… this last iteration is hands down the best.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
551 Posts
If you are going to be using an iPhone or android device, you won’t regret moving up to a new HU with CarPlay/AndroidAuto built in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So full disclosure here (and maybe some that are more knowledgeable can diagnose what my true issue was):

I bought the truck last fall and the backlight on the OEM radio wasn't working.

Found a youtube video that a guy labeled some parts of the circuit board of the OEM radio that I could solder a few things... My knowledge is VERY limited here so I didn't know what I was really doing but I followed the instructions step by step and lo and behold it worked! My backlight was working again. Yes!

Then weird things started happening with the radio - CD changer stopped working, sometimes all audio would go out for a few seconds. But then the problems leveled out after a few weeks and it seemed to be fully functional again plus a working backlight - all except for the CD function which didn't bother me a ton.

But then my battery died about 2 months later.

I replaced it with a brand new battery (figuring that the battery was just old) and then just 7 months later the new battery died.

This lead me to wonder if the radio was draining the battery somehow so I started exploring new radios. I liked the idea of getting a new HU but wasn't ready to pay $150+. So I bought an OEM radio off ebay for $75 (after shipping).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.