Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get the radio to display the artist and title? I know that the radio station is broadcasting it. I can receive it when I subscribe to XM but as soon as I did not renew my XM I no longer get the artist an title on regular radio stations? I have a 2014 SE which has everything else. :frown:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think the OEM radio supports RDS. My 08 RTL w/nav works the same as you describe. My 03 S-10's radio supported RDS, but the five year newer Honda doesn't. Go figure. Radio sucks anyway..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As you say, it's going to depend on the radio. My 2001 S10 displayed info (on FM), but 2011 Ridgeline didn't. A friends 2009 Civic does. She says its because hers was listed as an HD Radio, which the Ridgeline isn't.

BTW, my 11 was non-nav but it did carry a XM subscription. Only displayed song/artist info on XM, not AM/FM radio bands.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,469 Posts
Just keep in mind, the 1G/G1 edition was using a 03-04 version radio until the end of production, no updates from 05-14.

And Honda is always late to the game (lets others take lead) on tech such as that.

Replace the HU and bring your self into 2017

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a 2014 RTL (non-Navi) with an active XM subscription (courtesy of the CPO program - I won't be renewing it either.) It only displays artist/song name on XM stations.

I realize the SE has a more sophisticated navi-based system, but thought I'd provide the info as a data point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts