Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Purchased Used 2011 RTL with Honda installed Tonneau cover - hinges on the flip are rusted but still work. Anyone know if you can purchase replacement hinges? Or do you have to purchase new Tonneau cover. Also lock appears to be broken, anyone replace the lock? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Purchased Used 2011 RTL with Honda installed Tonneau cover - hinges on the flip are rusted but still work. Anyone know if you can purchase replacement hinges? Or do you have to purchase new Tonneau cover. Also lock appears to be broken, anyone replace the lock? Thanks for any assistance.
Take the old hinges off and soak them in CLR or some other rust-removing solvent. Then you could paint them or treat them so they don't rust again. You would likely have to contact a dealer to find out where the OEM covers are manufactured. Even then, you likely cannot simply buy only the hinges.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recently bought a tonno pro cover. Really inexpensive, but be warned you will have to get some new 3m double sided tape as the one they use isn't very good on holding the seals.

Don't expect it to be completely waterproof, it isn't. However it does work perfectly for my needs and didn't break my wallet.
https://www.tonnopro.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently purchased my 09 Ridge EX-L here in Canada. I did not waste anytime in making it mine by adding running boards and a Tonneau cover. I too was looking for an inexpensive option. I opted for a Rugged Liner Brand, it was only $400 CAD.,link below...We just had a crap ton of rain and it was dry in the bed, very happy with it so far...

Premium Vinyl Folding Rugged Cover® « Rugged Liner

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
I recently bought a tonno pro cover. Really inexpensive, but be warned you will have to get some new 3m double sided tape as the one they use isn't very good on holding the seals.

Don't expect it to be completely waterproof, it isn't. However it does work perfectly for my needs and didn't break my wallet.
https://www.tonnopro.com
I bought the same as above. I had to use some heavy duty Monkey Glue to get that thing to stick. For everyday use, it is fine, but as mentioned above, it is by no means water proof. It is easy to install and remove, which for a sub $180 purchase, it is a bargain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts