Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 1st snow recovery with the Ridgeline and it handled it like a champ!

A 2WD Chevy Colorado pickup wiped out in front of me and ended up in about 4ft. of plowed snow. After helping the gentlemen out of the truck, the Ridgeline went to work! The Ridgeline handled the recovery with no problem. I wish I would had some photos, but is was about 11 degrees outside and guy was pretty shaken up. I quickly pulled the vehicle out and we both were on our way.:act035:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Im all for helping out but in todays world you also get the sue happy people as soon as something happens or goes wrong. RULE #1 make sure that they are the ones that hook it up to there vehicle. That way when you pull if anything where to happen its not your fault. Tow truck companies have insurance for this you might not.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I've pulled a few vehicles out with mine since 2010. One was a police car.

I only pulled one 2wd Jeep Patriot out in the snow we just had. I spent most of my time sledding with my son & friends. We did drive by a F250 in a ditch that had moved over to the side of the road to get around another vehicle. He didn't account for the 2 foot ditch because the snow was level with the road. He had 33" tall tires & had chewed up much of the ditch but couldn't get back on the road. There were other people & trucks there that could help him so me & my son cursed to our house to sled. I probably would've had to fight the guy to make him let me pull his truck out since mine is so inferior to his.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
............ There were other people & trucks there that could help him so me & my son cursed to our house to sled. I probably would've had to fight the guy to make him let me pull his truck out since mine is so inferior to his.
So you & your son cursed all the way home.... what a bonding moment. LOL! :act024:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts